Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I probably know about 6 Brightoners who go for what I said, out of twelve. They're all from the early Skysports age group of late teens/20 somethings. By Brighton supports who support Moan Utd/Chelski, I mean that they claim dual allegiance, as in they'll claim that they support Brighton, but claim that they support another Premiership team too (not just follow the results). One of the guys who supports Chelsea aswell as Brighton admits that loads of his Brighton supporting friends support Man United too. This is when he's not drunkenly trying to knock me out for claiming that Selhurst Park is in London.

actually I fall into that category...I am an Huddersfield Town fan who has a soft spot for a small seaside town team supported by a bunch of soft southern shandy drinking poofs

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
actually I fall into that category...I am an Huddersfield Town fan who has a soft spot for a small seaside town team supported by a bunch of soft southern shandy drinking poofs. I support with real passion the team who are higher up the league. For quite a few seasons I have been an ardent Brighton fan, and not really had much interest in HTFC but this year my allegience swung back to the higher placed Terriers

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Fixed your post...in a more honest way :laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Do you like Cavalleria Rusticana, Terry?
Never 'ad it Mr. Fawlty...

ps
Back on topic. Brighton have never been "bigger than" Palace, but we used to beat them all the time (on and off the field) - it would be nice to get back to those days sometime in the next few years.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Never 'ad it Mr. Fawlty...

ps
Back on topic. Brighton have never been "bigger than" Palace, but we used to beat them all the time (on and off the field) - it would be nice to get back to those days sometime in the next few years.

:clap2:

I don't think there were too many beatings suffered by my lot off the field even when you had a decent following. :thumbsup:

Agreed. The more seasoned of your fans remembers the excitement of our meetings on and off the pitch and the banter in between.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Its seems on Craptal Palarse fans are posting in this thread. Your making the place smell, please press 'log out'. Thanks. :bigwave:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How are things Moshe?
Very good thank you - this thread is timely as the travesty of the last 15 years or so seems to be finally coming to an end.

The prospect of returning to the state that persisted for the 15 years or so before that (i.e. Brighton and Palace slugging it out with Brighton on top) is very welcome.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Very good thank you - this thread is timely as the travesty of the last 15 years or so seems to be finally coming to an end.

The prospect of returning to the state that persisted for the 15 years or so before that (i.e. Brighton and Palace slugging it out with Brighton on top) is very welcome.

:lol: One step at a time Moshe, one step at a time!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Mate it is funny now you seem to be back on track i cant wait to play you again, the excuses are finally over, it is time for some action methinks!

Get up and stay up!
agreed, the only problem with that will be when Palace go down again - as history tells us they are likely to sometime soon...

I can see a role reversal that means we still don't play each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here