Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
still pretending to like football then simster, when are you going back to the hockey club then ?
CRACKERJACK post there bushy, you f***ing clown.

I've been supporting the club since I was seven (1978), and been into football in general all that time - which is why I am sufficiently geeky to be able to tell you that Albion v Birmingham in 1985 attracted 9,995 or the gate at the York game after relegation to div 3 in 1987 was 6,068 when Garry Nelson scored in a 1-0 win. I have loads of these off the top of my head I'm embarrassed to say.

On the other hand, you "support" Chelsea - a team for which the chant "where were you when you were shit?" was practically invented for. So you have some FRONT (and hypocrisy) accusing ME of being a johnny come lately. Why don't you run along back to your prawn sandwiches and log onto some shit Chelsea site and try and impress one of your Nazi Chelsea bumchums about how you used to stand on the shed in the good old days before it was £50 a ticket.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
With the future in mind, our situation looks much healthier than Palace’s, though, personally, I don’t give a damn about Crystal Palace.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Im really enjoying this thread as well as our friends are from South London (just take a look for yourselves on the away fans end on the BBS),but lets not get carried away.I for one have always said that we would be in the Championship come the opening of Falmer and i think that we will achieve that goal,however the sum of money that Mr Bloom has put in to our club is fantastic but one day he will want it back.
When Falmer is delivered we will have to have big gates week in week out to help to not only pay back Mr Bloom but to also help attact a certain standard of player.
We might not be better then them for a while yet but we can all hope to be playing them more regulary in the not so distant future.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah.
We've also been FA Cup Runners up and semi-final winners too

We've won a play-off

The Charity Shield surely out-trumps a ZDS Trophy

You've not been hampered with losing your fanbase and your ground and having sod all money as we have. You could say that in the last 10 years for us to have remained in the Championship for more than one year was us overchieving considering the off-field shenanigans.

That you have more often than not been in the second division (as you are now).

Everything else is now a fading memory

You don't own your ground

It's gonna need a major overhaul very soon

You have a chairman that appears to be bored with football in general and specifically with being a Palace chairman

Your chairman has said that he has little faith in the youth system protecting his players after the Bostock fiasco and has questioned its worth

You are unlikely to have a chairman now or in the future who is willing to underwrite (interest free) the future of the club

Your most famous fan is/was a racist gobby nob who got his arse kicked by Cantona. Or is it Jo Brand...or Neil Morrissey? So many big names. Ours is Fat Boy Slim and the ultimate smooth smooth operator, Des Lynam.

And you have to visit Croydon to see your team. We get to go to the UK's most bohemian, trendy, avant-garde City in Britain.

Tell me if I have forgotten something

Morning all.

Buzzer, fair enough that you mention your FA Cup r/u (but the question was actually about the last 20 years). Obviously neither of our teams were able to get our hands on the cup, but at least we didn't get dicked 4-0 in our replay.

Let's face it the ZDS and the Charity Shield are both tin pot affairs. The Shield has more history, but it's a one-off game and you won it almost 100 years ago. We were winners at Wembley and beat at least a couple of very decent sides along the way (and Albion).

One play-off win versus three (all at the division above yours) - it wasn't worth you bringing it up.

Moving on - "You've not been hampered with losing your fanbase and your ground and having sod all money as we have." Well, actually we have. Our fan base went from a peak of 50,000 down to about 5k in just six years. As you say, we don't own our ground. We've also recently been in administration.

OK, Goldberg wasn't as much of a villan as Archer and Bellotti, but it's all relative. You did remarkably well to maintain league status and then get those titles. We did remarkably well to stay in the second tier throughout admin and then get to the Prem just four years later.

Finally, I would say that Eddie Izzard and Bill Nighy are more famous than Jo Brand and Neil Morrissey, certainly internationally. Lynam seems a good bloke, but Fat Boy Slim (or Quentin as he ought to be known) is hardly to be celebrated. He's one of these nouveau football fans who changed his team (I'm sure you know who he used to support).

PS - Matthew Simmons supports Fulham.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
CRACKERJACK post there bushy, you f***ing clown.

I've been supporting the club since I was seven (1978), and been into football in general all that time - which is why I am sufficiently geeky to be able to tell you that Albion v Birmingham in 1985 attracted 9,995 or the gate at the York game after relegation to div 3 in 1987 was 6,068 when Garry Nelson scored in a 1-0 win. I have loads of these off the top of my head I'm embarrassed to say.

On the other hand, you "support" Chelsea - a team for which the chant "where were you when you were shit?" was practically invented for. So you have some FRONT (and hypocrisy) accusing ME of being a johnny come lately. Why don't you run along back to your prawn sandwiches and log onto some shit Chelsea site and try and impress one of your Nazi Chelsea bumchums about how you used to stand on the shed in the good old days before it was £50 a ticket.
yeah course you have , the internets a great tool for facts and figures, i'd like to know what you mean when you say i "support" chelsea? sure weve got johnny come latelelys, but so will you have soon, in fact at the next london piss up i will bring alng the photo book that was produced before stamford bridge was redeveloped , there is one particularly good picture of me coming out of the west stand circa 1983 when we really were shit, some johnny come lately eh ?,and whats with this nazi stuf , just because im not a right on leftie like you doesnt mean i support a sinister bunch of tossers like the bnp , clear ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I never new you were into hockey Simster :)

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Bushy, have you got an answer to heb's questions on the BBS yet? You were banned too quickly to be able to respond I'm afraid.

In case you've forgotten, he asked if the BNP pay you to go onto random football team's message boards and spread their propaganda.

Eagerly awaiting a reply.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy, have you got an answer to heb's questions on the BBS yet? You were banned too quickly to be able to respond I'm afraid.

In case you've forgotten, he asked if the BNP pay you to go onto random football team's message boards and spread their propaganda.

Eagerly awaiting a reply.
i got bannedfrom there about six months ago , what does he want to know? the uptight earnest wanker.?

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Banned from there? I wonder why?...

,and whats with this nazi stuf , just because im not a right on leftie like you doesnt mean i support a sinister bunch of tossers like the bnp , clear ?

Ah, there's our answer! I remember it well. You peddled out racist crap and got banned for it. You then came back under a different user name and we found out that you were on here too... So Heb asked if you get paid to go on football forums and spread the BNP message. It makes sense really...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why don't you run along back to your prawn sandwiches and log onto some shit Chelsea site and try and impress one of your Nazi Chelsea bumchums about how you used to stand on the shed in the good old days before it was £50 a ticket.
oh and another thing , i stopped standing in the shed when i was about 12, pretty much always preferred sitting down at football, but then im comfortable with that because i KNOW im a proper fan, not a middle class wannabe , who decided to like football when baddiel and skinner made it ok to do so :lol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Banned from there? I wonder why?...

Ah, there's our answer! I remember it well. You peddled out racist crap and got banned for it. You then came back under a different user name and we found out that you were on here too... So Heb asked if you get paid to go on football forums and spread the BNP message. It makes sense really...
no, i got banned by the clique of heb/selhurst celtic/ and dave for responding to a post selhurst celtic put up about IRA snipers, your memory is obviously not that good is it ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've never tried to register or post on BBS but it seems they are a very precious small minded clique who put me in mind of Bueno (?) from the Orient site, in their approach to banning anything controversial. Suburban up their own arse attitude. What's the point of even bothering with them?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"It seems"

Where are you getting this information from? Bushy?

Comments from NSC users, suprisingly. I think you even banned Palace fan Brighton Rock at one stage didn't you? :bigwave:

I remember him taking up residency here for a while after that and I never saw anything in his attitude or posts that made him a wrong 'un, even for a Palace fan, on here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here