Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I've never tried to register or post on BBS but it seems they are a very precious small minded clique who put me in mind of Bueno (?) from the Orient site, in their approach to banning anything controversial. Suburban up their own arse attitude. What's the point of even bothering with them?

That view has been put forward before, yes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this thread is a bit like a " my willy is bigger than yours" type thing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Banned from there? I wonder why?...

Ah, there's our answer! I remember it well. You peddled out racist crap and got banned for it. You then came back under a different user name and we found out that you were on here too... So Heb asked if you get paid to go on football forums and spread the BNP message. It makes sense really...
why the f*** would i do that , i think the BNP are a bunch of tossers , full of some pretty nasty people i should imagine, what does it take to get the message through to you and your ilk? , just because someone doesnt agree with your left wing bias , it does not make them a BNP supporter , is that simple enough for you or have you been brainwashed too thoroughly ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Morning all.

Buzzer, fair enough that you mention your FA Cup r/u (but the question was actually about the last 20 years). Obviously neither of our teams were able to get our hands on the cup, but at least we didn't get dicked 4-0 in our replay.

Let's face it the ZDS and the Charity Shield are both tin pot affairs. The Shield has more history, but it's a one-off game and you won it almost 100 years ago. We were winners at Wembley and beat at least a couple of very decent sides along the way (and Albion).

One play-off win versus three (all at the division above yours) - it wasn't worth you bringing it up.

Moving on - "You've not been hampered with losing your fanbase and your ground and having sod all money as we have." Well, actually we have. Our fan base went from a peak of 50,000 down to about 5k in just six years. As you say, we don't own our ground. We've also recently been in administration.

OK, Goldberg wasn't as much of a villan as Archer and Bellotti, but it's all relative. You did remarkably well to maintain league status and then get those titles. We did remarkably well to stay in the second tier throughout admin and then get to the Prem just four years later.

Finally, I would say that Eddie Izzard and Bill Nighy are more famous than Jo Brand and Neil Morrissey, certainly internationally. Lynam seems a good bloke, but Fat Boy Slim (or Quentin as he ought to be known) is hardly to be celebrated. He's one of these nouveau football fans who changed his team (I'm sure you know who he used to support).

PS - Matthew Simmons supports Fulham.

Don't even try to steal our violin pal. No other club comes close to what we've been through and is still in existence. Administration doesn't even compare when the likes of Leicester got a new ground from it, the poor dears. We've been f***ing homeless for nearly 15 years and survived season after season by the skin of our teeth. You might have had the odd battle along the way but we've come through a complete and utter TOTAL WAR. Won't be long before the PC game's out; that's how epic it's been. :angry:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Don't even try to steal our violin pal. No other club comes close to what we've been through and is still in existence. Administration doesn't even compare when the likes of Leicester got a new ground from it, the poor dears. We've been f***ing homeless for nearly 15 years and survived season after season by the skin of our teeth. You might have had the odd battle along the way but we've come through a complete and utter TOTAL WAR. Won't be long before the PC game's out; that's how epic it's been. :angry:

But that's the joy we get out of supporting unfashionable sub-Premiership clubs isn't it.

It's easy to mail order a Chels*a or Manure shirt and large it down the pub, but we as Palace and Brighton fans, have experienced the highs and lows of this beautiful game for decades. That's better than jumping on the glory train between stops. Yes?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Luton?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
But that's the joy we get out of supporting unfashionable sub-Premiership clubs isn't it.

It's easy to mail order a Chels*a or Manure shirt and large it down the pub, but we as Palace and Brighton fans, have experienced the highs and lows of this beautiful game for decades. That's better than jumping on the glory train between stops. Yes?

I can't agree with you, 'cause that's a crime on here you being scum and all that. But I hear what yer saying. However we've definately had far tougher times, so much so that FIFA are giving us a golden violin to commemorate our struggle. You lot wouldn't even get a tamborine by comparison.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I can't agree with you, 'cause that's a crime on here you being scum and all that. But I hear what yer saying. However we've definately had far tougher times, so much so that FIFA are giving us a golden violin to commemorate our struggle. You lot wouldn't even get a tamborine by comparison.

We don't cry out for sympathy Porters, just get on with it season after season.

You have one of your most important seasons ahead, so look to the future and get down to supporting your team. Put the violin in your trophy cabinet :p and try to hold on to a couple of players. Good luck.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...

Of the Brighton fans that I know personally, half of them either support Chelski or Moan Utd :afro:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Of the Brighton fans that I know personally, half of them either support Chelski or Moan Utd :afro:

I'm not having that, you arse, Phoeners.

They are mostly die hard old bastards like me or kids who don't know any better, but Armchair United or Chelsea fans???

Nope. Don't think so.

Might get a reaction, though...:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

sorry mate...that doesn't actually make any sense....are you suggesting that half the Brighton fans you know, which could be 2 for all we know, are albion fans first and foremost, but look out for the results of other teams ( which I suspect that goes for 99.99999% of the footballing world) or are you suggesting that half the Brighton fans you know are not actually Brighton fans, they support someone else but look out for Brighton results?

Care to explain?

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
I probably know about 6 Brightoners who go for what I said, out of twelve. They're all from the early Skysports age group of late teens/20 somethings. By Brighton supports who support Moan Utd/Chelski, I mean that they claim dual allegiance, as in they'll claim that they support Brighton, but claim that they support another Premiership team too (not just follow the results). One of the guys who supports Chelsea aswell as Brighton admits that loads of his Brighton supporting friends support Man United too. This is when he's not drunkenly trying to knock me out for claiming that Selhurst Park is in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here