Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
As I said going backwards :lolol:

SERIOUSLY now, do you see a Palace takeover as likely and are you gonna be a good buy for someone given you ground ( which is quite shit by modern standards) and the fact that I don't think you vene own it. Are you not just a tad worried that you're on the slide?

Potentially Palace are a sound bet, but potential is a dangerous word. I agree with you we need to secure the ground otherwise the club will never be that an attractive proposition to purchase and yes the ground needs re-developing but that takes money and nobody is going to spend huge money on a ground they dont own! It isn't rocket

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Who would you rather have?

This poof?

2B9F1EA8-F5EB-D006-08F2BC0D9EC8C1E6.jpg

Or the New Dark Overlord?

TonyBloom2_Large_-2.JPG

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Strange statement a 'resurgent Brighton' as you say a club that escaped the bottom tier by the skin of their teeth, no info on what kind of budget this new bloke is going to release (and how much wonga he actually does have) and still playing at an athletics track. If that is resurgency then all well and good but i reserve judgment until things actually happen

Just quoting the previous posters assurance of a "resurgent Brighton" next season. Don't worry SJ, I still hate them. :clap2:

Have a nice evening. See ya Seaweed...

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Resident Scummers please don't flame me for this.....but a good friend of mine is in some way connected with Palace ( I can't say how)and he told me that it is VERY likely that you will go into administration this season, he says Jordan hasn't got a pot to piss in due to the financial crisis and is trying to offload without any success.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Just quoting the previous posters assurance of a "resurgent Brighton" next season. Don't worry SJ, I still hate them. :clap2:

Have a nice evening. See ya Seaweed...

You might hate us, but if you thought we were insignificant you wouldn't spend so much of your time on this board.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Any ambitious manager would rather be managing Brighton than Palace right now.

As Russell Slade says, the future is bright. For Palace, I suspect, the past was bright, the past was orange. But was is their future? People aren't exactly queuing up to buy the club and replace those wooden seats and decrepit stands.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | B | Brighton | Slade excited by Bloom era dawn

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Resident Scummers please don't flame me for this.....but a good friend of mine is in some way connected with Palace ( I can't say how)and he told me that it is VERY likely that you will go into administration this season, he says Jordan hasn't got a pot to piss in due to the financial crisis and is trying to offload without any success.

Nothing to flame you for, it is no secret that Jordan isn't as flush as he once was

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The Premiership as a league is over, H.

The same four teams will finish 1.2.3.4. next season with the only real contests being for UEFA spots and relegation. Forget it. Championship football is more like the football of old.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the Championship is a quality league with a good range of teams. There's also frequent upsets and always teams that massively under or over achieve. If someone offered me Ten years of championship football or one or two painful premiership seasons I know what i'd choose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here