Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with divorce

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
so i take it you do not agree that as the woman has to stay at home and raise the kids thereby not earning the money to go into a pension that the man is by staying at work, that she is not entitled to a cut of that pension then?

You show me a woman that was forced to get married and have kids and i'll show you a woman who is then entitled to half the blokes pension!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DJ Leon said:
And if the man has custody of the children, the settlement will reflect equally in his favour as well? Er...NO. Face it, divorce is legally biased to women. FACT.

No it isn't. I know of a divorce where the man did get custody of the children. The settlement did go in his favour.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
British Bulldog said:
You show me a woman that was forced to get married and have kids and i'll show you a woman who is then entitled to half the blokes pension!

who mentioned anything about being forced.

marriage is a partnership and in 99.9999% of the cases, women have the children and stay at home to bring them up.

Should the woman be punished for this?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
whats the betting that utter bitchHeather Mills gets
£ 200 000 000 of Paul's hard earned just coz she shared the same room as him for 4 years even though all that wealth was amased before she dragged her sorry arse into his bed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:

As stated in my previous post, it is a generational thing. Women of my age group didn't have an opportunity to get a pension. I was lucky.

Edited to say that when I went back to work in 77, I was refused a works pension because I worked part-time 10am-2pm. I couldn't start a works pension until 10 years later.
The union took up the women's cause and just two years ago we were awarded another 5 years pension from the ESPS (electricity suppliers pension scheme) because of the discrimination we suffered.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave the Gaffer said:

marriage is a partnership and in 99.9999% of the cases, women have the children and stay at home to bring them up.

No but some women know the " kid " card is the ace in the pack and when she has said " kid " the bloke is screwed metaphorically

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
No it isn't. I know of a divorce where the man did get custody of the children. The settlement did go in his favour.

It happens but it's very rare!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
sad but true

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
probably 1 case in 100

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:
whats the betting that utter bitchHeather Mills gets
£ 200 000 000 of Paul's hard earned just coz she shared the same room as him for 4 years even though all that wealth was amased before she dragged her sorry arse into his bed

Should be interesting. Obviously Mills deserves very little and the majority of the evidence points to her being NUTS. So which way will it go. :nono:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am going to back out of this debate as there are obviously some people on here who have had bad experiences in the past.

i am one of those smug bastards who have been married for 25 years in April ( 30 years going out on 7th jan 2007) and am happy as larry ( whoever Larry is)

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Dave the Gaffer said:
I am going to back out of this debate as there are obviously some people on here who have had bad experiences in the past.

i am one of those smug bastards who have been married for 25 years in April ( 30 years going out on 7th jan 2007) and am happy as larry ( whoever Larry is)

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Well congratulations, but what has this got to do with anyhting. I haven't been married. So?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
thats coz your a top bloke Dave and she is very lucky :kiss:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:

And should the bloke be be punished by losing half his pension if the marriage break up is the womans fault?

When my last marriage split up it was because mrs bulldog became intollerable to live with so I left her and divorced her so in the eyes of the law she was the guilty party. It still did'nt stop her getting half my pension though! If I had been the guilty party then I would have expected it but not the other way round.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul offered her £ 30 000 000 and she told him to stick it up his arse ( or so I heard )

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
And should the bloke be be punished by losing half his pension if the marriage break up is the womans fault?

When my last marriage split up it was because mrs bulldog became intollerable to live with so I left her and divorced her so in the eyes of the law she was the guilty party. It still did'nt stop her getting half my pension though! If I had been the guilty party then I would have expected it but not the other way round.
What I was told when I divorced my ex for adultery is that divorce courts don't have a guilty or not guilty person.

:rolleyes:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
What I was told when I divorced my ex for adultery is that divorce courts don't have a guilty or not guilty person.

:rolleyes:

There is a term they use but I cant remember what it is, but it still boils down to who was guilty for the breakdown of the marriage.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I have no wish to go into too much detail about my year and a half of divorce court hell at this point however I will say that the courts main concern is not "who gets the house" but the children. THEY need a house to live in, THEY need money to help bring them up.

When you raise kids you are still contributing massively towards the marriage (as anyone who's had to pay nursery costs will know). Everything in the marriage at divorce is therefore split equally BUT if there's not enough money to buy two homes big enough for the kids, then whoever the main carer is usually stays in the family home to look after them and is paid maintenance to do so. But they don't own it outright or have the right to stay there once the kids have left home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here