Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with divorce

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Barrel of Fun said:
YOu can see plenty of that in various alleyways around about 2.30am on a Friday and/or Saturday night in Brighton. :lol:

Commitment or a quick hump on a Friday night ?

:lolol: :lolol:

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
I got divorced last summer and it was not expensive. As long as you both want it then you pay about £300 total on the basis of 2 years separation.

1 person fill out the form which you can download from the court service website and petitions. The other person just signs it when they get sent a copy and so on. Takes a few months but it's actually quite easy. We even split the cost £150 each.

A bargain really. I don't think it's going to be so easy for my partner though as his ex is not quite to easygoing.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
The Grub said:
I got divorced last summer and it was not expensive. As long as you both want it then you pay about £300 total on the basis of 2 years separation.

1 person fill out the form which you can download from the court service website and petitions. The other person just signs it when they get sent a copy and so on. Takes a few months but it's actually quite easy. We even split the cost £150 each.

A bargain really. I don't think it's going to be so easy for my partner though as his ex is not quite to easygoing.

Yeah been on t internet and that looks like the best way thanks.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Grub said:
This was not an internet divorce though, just a do it yourself one.

That is the best way as long as there are no kids or property involved. If there are then all arrangements have to be sorted out beforehand.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
If you were living in soapland the final divorce papers would just pop through the letter box one day without you every having to lift a finger to do anything or pay any money. Simple :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
as we all know the husband always but always gets fecked over and the woman walks away loaded, the only person who will suffer is the husband

Absolutly spot on there US, the divorce laws in this country are pathetic and so geared up to the woman that a bloke stands no chance. :censored:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:
Absolutly spot on there US, the divorce laws in this country are pathetic and so geared up to the woman that a bloke stands no chance. :censored:

I wish someone had told me. :down:

My ex ran off with a younger bit of stuff and although I didn't have to pay for the divorce, I only got 50% of the house. Nothing more than that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
just because Women have the biology to produce children it seems to mean they are excused for anything and everything they do and because she has borne children the man will lose just about everything apart from the shirt on his back

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not you Yorkie

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
I wish someone had told me. :down:

My ex ran off with a younger bit of stuff and although I didn't have to pay for the divorce, I only got 50% of the house. Nothing more than that.

Well these days marriage has been turned into a career for a woman even down to retiring on the blokes pension as well.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
so they can ponce about in a dress for a day

Blimey another gem from the young man.

Ask the married women of people you know ( and I do also) if they regarded the wearing of a wedding dress as "poncing about in a dress for a day" and tell us all on here what their answers are.

it will be very interesting.

perhaps when you get a job as a reporter, you dont put yourself down as the marriage correspondent

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
British Bulldog said:
Well these days marriage has been turned into a career for a woman even down to retiring on the blokes pension as well.

so i take it you do not agree that as the woman has to stay at home and raise the kids thereby not earning the money to go into a pension that the man is by staying at work, that she is not entitled to a cut of that pension then?

Oh yes..and when she does want to go to work, she has to take a job that will fit around school, child minders kids illnesses etc ....Oh and get paid shit wages compared to men doing the same job then?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
British Bulldog said:

Fortunately for me I had the foresight to stop paying married women's stamp when I had my kids and resumed work. I also started a work pension otherwise I would have had nothing of my own.
There are still some women of my age going through divorce who had to stop working when they had kids because it was understood by all that's what happened.

I've seen it typed here but haven't met any woman who has come out of a divorce with everything. I'd love to know how they did it. I didn't get any maintenance for me and was given £15 a week for my daughter who was doing her A levels. It didn't even pay her bus fares to 6th form college.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Dave the Gaffer said:
so i take it you do not agree that as the woman has to stay at home and raise the kids thereby not earning the money to go into a pension that the man is by staying at work, that she is not entitled to a cut of that pension then?

Oh yes..and when she does want to go to work, she has to take a job that will fit around school, child minders kids illnesses etc ....Oh and get paid shit wages compared to men doing the same job then?

And if the man has custody of the children, the settlement will reflect equally in his favour as well? Er...NO. Face it, divorce is legally biased to women. FACT.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
DJ Leon said:
And if the man has custody of the children, the settlement will reflect equally in his favour as well? Er...NO. Face it, divorce is legally biased to women. FACT.

Fathers for justice:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here