Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with divorce

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord Bracknell said:
So BIRCHYBOY27 stands to do quite well out of this?

is the correct answer, he will have her bird who will now be much richer, winners all round, apart for the poor ex husband

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have some clients, she cheated on him, because they had kids, he had to leave their 5 bed detached and rented a studio flat, she divorced him , got the house and £ 4000 pm maintenance until the kids are 18

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have some clients, she cheated on him, because they had kids, he had to leave their 5 bed detached and rented a studio flat, she divorced him , got the house and £ 4000 pm maintenance until the kids are 18

They have already seperated 3 years ago and everything has been split moneywise, house wise and possesions wise, it just a case of her not being the wife anymore thats all.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
BIRCHYBOY27 said:
They have already seperated 3 years ago and everything has been split moneywise, house wise and possesions wise, it just a case of her not being the wife anymore thats all.

That's just boring... htere's no fun in it. Should do what I did. Marry awoman whose uncle is a divorce judge in a country where (in those days) the husband's family 'adopts' the wife. So, when we divorced I got absolutely and completely screwed... even though we had agreed on 'amicable differences'.

Wish I'd met my second wife first.......

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
You can declare it null and void yourself. I've seen Steve Martin do it in the man with two brains!

B00000F13N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You can divorce after two years separation by mutual consent which is one of the cheapest options, or if there isn't mutual consent then it is five years separation. The grounds are irreconcible(sp) differences.

Other grounds are adultery (cheap if the adulterer and third party admit it - which is rare) and unreasonable behaviour (very expensive)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
this is why marriage is POINTLESS:angry:

So my 25 years of marriage is pointless is it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:

My first marriage lasted 21 years and my 2nd is now up to 14 years.
I suppose I had better make the most of my 'pointless' marriage for the next 7 then :lolol: :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he is a very opionionated young man for one so young, obviously with a wealth of life experioences to go by

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dave the Gaffer said:

yes:lolol:

no what i mean is, the being together with someone for a long period of time is fantastic in my book, but other than financially i dont see the point of marriage particularly.

if your happy with someone i cant see why it is forced(by conventions almost) upon you to pay to stand in a church(when most arent even religious) and swear before a made up man(well thats what i think) that you really do love this person.

saying that i reckon i will get married as its the 'thing to do' but i dont see WHY.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

no what i mean is, the being together with someone for a long period of time is fantastic in my book, but other than financially i dont see the point of marriage particularly.

if your happy with someone i cant see why it is forced(by conventions almost) upon you to pay to stand in a church(when most arent even religious) and swear before a made up man(well thats what i think) that you really do love this person.

saying that i reckon i will get married as its the 'thing to do' but i dont see WHY.

Nothing to do with religion but it is a public show of commitment to your partner.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton

Two words stag do.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

No I agree with you. Why should someone go through an act of union legally and religiousluy if they want to...after all, marriage has only been going on for what 5000 odd years if you believe that Abraham took a wife, or the Pharoes, or Buddah, or Mohammed...therefore you must be right...marriage is shit and all thos ein that institution must be mad.

nice one

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yorkie said:
Nothing to do with religion but it is a public show of commitment to your partner.

i know what you mean, but i dont see WHY.

id be very happy just me knowing how much i loved a person, without spending THOUSANDS so they can ponce about in a dress for a day and stand in a church.

saying that i probably would get married but i believe its almost frowned upon now not to get married, which is wrong.

as its also slightly frowned upon to have kids before marriage(again i dont see why)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here