Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with divorce

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dave the Gaffer said:
No I agree with you. Why should someone go through an act of union legally and religiousluy if they want to...after all, marriage has only been going on for what 5000 odd years if you believe that Abraham took a wife, or the Pharoes, or Buddah, or Mohammed...therefore you must be right...marriage is shit and all thos ein that institution must be mad.

nice one

you silly bald twat:lolol: slight over reaction there.

i never said ''dave the gaffers marriage is a sham'' did i?

i just dont see why its almost frowned upon in public if someone isnt married.

all i was asking is it actually neccesary? why cant a couple just stay a couple outside of marriage?

again slight over reaction from mr dave but cant say im surprised

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
you silly bald twat:lolol: slight over reaction there.

i never said ''dave the gaffers marriage is a sham'' did i?

i just dont see why its almost frowned upon in public if someone isnt married.

all i was asking is it actually neccesary? why cant a couple just stay a couple outside of marriage?

again slight over reaction from mr dave but cant say im surprised

I think it's far more accepted not to be married now than it was in my parents day. Divorce is also no longer such a stigma.

My dad never even told me he'd been divorced (prior to meeting my mum, obviously).

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
sully said:
I think it's far more accepted not to be married now than it was in my parents day. Divorce is also no longer such a stigma.

My dad never even told me he'd been divorced (prior to meeting my mum, obviously).

aye. i still believe the pressure remains though. all i was suggesting before was i see it as slightly contradictory for me to swear before god, when i dont even believe in him/it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
aye. i still believe the pressure remains though. all i was suggesting before was i see it as slightly contradictory for me to swear before god, when i dont even believe in him/it.

You don't have to get married in Church though, or have the religious part of the ceremony.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hans kraay fan club said:
You don't have to get married in Church though, or have the religious part of the ceremony.

I said that earlier in the thread. There are loads of places to have civil ceremony now not just the Registry office.
It is about making a public declaration of your commitment to her.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
sully said:
15 per cent if there is one qualifying child;
20 per cent for two qualifying children; and
25 per cent for three or more qualifying children.

Thats the new system and I was assessed under the old system.

The way it worked was they took your average monthly income and deducted the payment for your kids based on their age, They then allowed me my rent and my council tax and a whole £56 a week to live on which had to include all domestic bills, food, car expenses, clothing etc. If there was any money left over from your average monthly income they deducted a further 20p for every £1 that was left over.

When the new system was introduced the CSA would not allow existing payees like myself transfer to the new system, And I worked it out that under the new system a person in my exact position would be paying over £100 a month less than I was.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lush said:
Do you both have an adequate home for the kids to live in half the time? If so you probably have a case

I've allready touched on the subject that if women and the CSA were'nt so keen to screw blokes for every penny they can get then maybe blokes could afford a better home and facilities for their kids. In regards of shared access I would have settled for weekends when I was'nt working, Times during school holidays when suitable and the right to do simple things like pick the kids up to take them to school or pick them up after school and give them a bit of tea.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
i see it as slightly contradictory for me to swear before god, when i dont even believe in him/it.

And look at it from our point of view - do we really like having atheists standing before us making vows we know they don't believe in?

Over here, there are far fewer alternatives due to a shortage of JPs.

Mind you, it's a nice little earner. :D

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yorkie said:
I said that earlier in the thread. There are loads of places to have civil ceremony now not just the Registry office.
It is about making a public declaration of your commitment to her.

HIM actually.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
DJ Leon said:
And if the man has custody of the children, the settlement will reflect equally in his favour as well? Er...NO. Face it, divorce is legally biased to women. FACT.

I don't think divorce is in favour of the woman. I'm getting divorced & my husband has the children. He is coming out of it in a much better position than me. Iam not touching his pension scheme as I have had my own.

During our marriage I inherited my grandparents house. Under current law he is entitled to some of the house. During the marriage I paid for all of the furniture & holidays. This has not been recognized in the settlement. I am entitled to a percentage ofthe future value of the house, so it is in my husband's interest to neglect the house so that my cut will be less.

I actualy worked throughout our marriage. My husband earns three or four times as much as me. I don't think I should have any maintenance. He has the children because he can provide for them better than I can.

I'm just saying all this because not every woman walks away from a divorce with all the money & the house.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Emily's Mum said:
I don't think divorce is in favour of the woman. I'm getting divorced & my husband has the children. He is coming out of it in a much better position than me. Iam not touching his pension scheme as I have had my own.

During our marriage I inherited my grandparents house. Under current law he is entitled to some of the house. During the marriage I paid for all of the furniture & holidays. This has not been recognized in the settlement. I am entitled to a percentage ofthe future value of the house, so it is in my husband's interest to neglect the house so that my cut will be less.

I actualy worked throughout our marriage. My husband earns three or four times as much as me. I don't think I should have any maintenance. He has the children because he can provide for them better than I can.

I'm just saying all this because not every woman walks away from a divorce with all the money & the house.

It sounds like your getting the rough end of the deal in your divorce EM but on the larger scale of things a case like your's is the exception to the rule. I've known a lot of couples in my life who have divorced but only twice have I known the dad keep the kids and the house.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
After two years of separation I got divorced. All pretty amicable. Couple of hundred quid each.

If there aren't kids and a house involved it doesn't have to be expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here