Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been on TV?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have been on TV for various sporting events. Lords, Sussex Cricket etc.

My finest hour came when I was working for my Dads firm in Hove and I was sorting out files up in the attic on The Drive. I crept out at about 3pm down the fire escape as I wanted to nip into town.

I wandered into the Brighton shop and bought a scarf and some other tat. Then this very attractive lady asked me if I wanted to be on TV. So I obliged, giving a short interview.

It just so happened they kept my comments and it was on South Today.

"Many clubs find it easy to get a stadium. For Brighton, it seems to be a problem!"

I was very proud. Until I noticed that you could see the clock behind me saying 3.30!! The next morning at work, everyone had seen it and it was very embarrassing. I had two hours wages docked as they had to make an example :down: :lolol:

Also, I was filmed in Regents Park last summer during the ashes.

Have you been on TV, NSC?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes.... was interviewed the monday after the abandoned game at the Goldstone ..... they cut part out of what i said and made me look like a hooligan on telly

:angry: :angry:

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
blockhseagull said:
Yes.... was interviewed the monday after the abandoned game at the Goldstone ..... they cut part out of what i said and made me look like a hooligan on telly

:angry: :angry:

I appeared on BBC South Today commenting on the news that Zamora had signed for Spurs

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I was interviewed numerous times in Istanbul after Kev and Chris were murdered (6 years ago this past week. RIP) and the interviews were shown on just about every news channel in this country. When they interviewed me in the airport here after we landed back - I had a total breakdown at the Sky reporter, their runner called the office or wherever and they took my details, the next day I recieved a huge bunch of flowers. They wanted to give a weekend at a spa but I asked them to donate the money to Chris and Kevs families.

I have been on the news and Richard and Judy (the channel 4 show) - after the NHS refused Anastasia some treatment and they were doing investigations into the whole postcode lottery.

My oldest son had a walk on background/extra part in The Bill, his aunt used to work in wardrobe for them and in the school holidays arranged for him to do that. He was only about 4 at the time.

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
The Great Cornholio said:
3 times champion on Channel 5's 100%

I used to love that show, and I take my hat off to you!!!

I appeared on a game show and won a family week in an old manor house in the Cotswolds!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Three times on TFI Friday bar. :drink:

Once on Goodbye Goldstone studio audience. :(

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, the back of my head featured on South Today when my school stopped serving dinners...

Oh, and at Hove this summer against Surrey, Mushy hit a four in the last over, we'd been drinking and were dancing to 'Tom Hark'...then i noticed we were on the big screen!:nono: :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yes, embarrassingly I appeared on Sydney TV after making it into the NSW under 18's basketball team and we were heading off to Victoria for the state playoffs, I was cocky and a bit smarty pants, and got dropped from the team 2 weeks later as I wasn't good enough aparently :(

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
"Sheffield United fan" that soaked Des Lynam
And theres a nice shot of me filming the Falmer march on the BBC coverage:thumbsup:

Several appearances on Noel Edmunds House Party ... including featuring in a pre-series trailer that was shown night after night for weeks.

But I don't like to talk about it.

:eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was on University Challenge in the late 70s (and the 'revisited' show a couple of years ago - had to miss the 0-0 draw at Reading for that).

I've also been on ITN news a couple of times as one of the industry 'experts' who adds a couple of lines to an IT story - I can't even remember what the stories were now.

Have been the 'face in the crowd' at many football matches and, apparently Attila and I were picked out as happy Sussex fans when we beat Somerset in the Nat West cup in 1978.

D

Deleted User X18H

Coming down the escalator in Lloyds in the Mid Nineties on news a ten then frozen for about 3 minutes behind a caption

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Quite a bit last year for obvious reasons, but my favourite was for the live away match at Bournemouth when we had the pitch invasion.

I didn't invade the pitch, but Meridian decided to focus on me and my mate as we were walking along the terrace. They 'panned' the camera with us saying what a disgrace Brighton fans were! I was most put out!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
On Meridian News around 1989 was revising for A Levels on a very hot day down the Pavilion Gardens when a camera crew turned up with a group of African contortionists who were appearing in the Brighton Festival. Deciding that they wanted to film in the part I was lying down in the camera crew started shouting out the others that if they did not move they Africans would eat them. Didn't like this attitude so decided to stay put. The clip that appeared on the news consisted of an African standing on his hands with his feet on his shoulders scratching his ear or something. In the background is me reading and completely ignoring what was happening in front of me.

Was interviewed in Manchester once, but it was morning I had the hangover from hell and mentioned a few fucks. Needless to say that clip didn't make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here