Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been on TV?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Crimestoppers

Had a friend who was desperate for someone to stage a reconstruction for Crimestoppers.

Always happy to help stem the ride of crime and seeing my fee for an yhours acting I got paid £50 to rob an old lady of all her posessions, (she played herself).

The scam was that I was from the water Board and whilst I was running the taps downstairs my accomplice went upstairs! Trouble was being Bristol people actually believed that I was the perp and kept pointing at me in the supermarket!

The real criminal has yet to be caught!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Re: Crimestoppers

Billy in Bristol said:
Had a friend who was desperate for someone to stage a reconstruction for Crimestoppers.

Always happy to help stem the ride of crime and seeing my fee for an yhours acting I got paid £50 to rob an old lady of all her posessions, (she played herself).

The scam was that I was from the water Board and whilst I was running the taps downstairs my accomplice went upstairs! Trouble was being Bristol people actually believed that I was the perp and kept pointing at me in the supermarket!

The real criminal has yet to be caught!

That reminds me: I played Georgi Markov in a BBC reconstruction of his murder. They were trying to save costs by not using an actor but it was ill-advised as I looked nothing like him. Consequently, they shot me from odd angles as if I'd been the mystery guest in A Question of Sport.

The other problem they had was that the bloke who played my assassin was Scottish and when he stabbed me with the brolly was supposed to say "Sorry" - the trouble was that every time he did it, he sounded like he came from eastern Glasgow not eastern Europe. So I had to say "sorry" in a heavy Slavic accent as I was stabbed. I did get an extra £20 for speaking though.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
20 seconds alongside Craig Charles in a report about the World Science Fiction Convention in Glasgow.

All because I was wearing a red dwarf T-Shirt.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
On Angolan state TV whilst taking part in an anti-polio vaccination programme in Luanda, the capital.

Oh yeah, and did a bit as an extra in the UK version of Golden Girls - Brighton Belles!

I'm quite happy to sign autographs.....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Adriodinho said:
Ive been on 'I Had My Virginity Stolen By A Man'

It brought a tear to my eye.

Widescreen?

I've been on the news quite a few times: brighton march, at school (something to do with apples), Albion videos (goodbye goldstone, wearing stupid coat with stupid hood up and stupid grin on my face, I think i may have been in No Sweat as well

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got interviewed by BBC news during the fire strike after a big motorway crash on the M5.
Couldn't believe what a knob I sounded! Best quote was, " The lads done a blinding job!"

I will never laugh a footballer being interviewed again.

:shootself

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Weakest Link for me. Got to the fifth round when some bint decided to vote me off although she was actually the weakest link.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was an extra in the Woolpack when the roof caved in. I had to go "ARRRGGGHH".

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Crimestoppers

Gwylan said:
That reminds me: I played Georgi Markov in a BBC reconstruction of his murder.

Speaking as one who has never been on telly, that's an impressive role almost to forget.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
not TV but radio: i was the voice on scr that said "it's good to be home , this is a community stadium for all the family" or similar bollox after about 6 pints of stella in the sportsman

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I've been on South Korean TV. A film crew came into our office one afternoon, and a colleague and I had to point at something on the computer screen and pretend to talk about what we saw (sadly it was before the days of NSC, so there may actually have been something vaguely work related on display). Our brief was to say whatever the hell we liked, because they were going to dub us into Korean anyway.

Never did find out what the programme was about, but it must have been dull.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was once interviewed by a roving reporter for the UEA TV station (so glamorous I can't remember what it was called).

They were doing vox pops on a militant occupation of the vice-chancellor's offices. Reason? Again, can't recall. Maybe it was loans. Or Nicaragua. Troops Out, perhaps.

Anyway, I'd been in to have a look because there were some well fit chicks in there from the European languages department.

Faced with this would-be John Humphreys, I just about mustered a 'Yeah, great solidarity, let's get the management bastards', and then ambled off to the pub for some piss-cheap Hurlimann. I don't think this extensive interview made it off the cutting-room floor.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Heinz Meditteranian soup Advert on Lambretta as an extra
Golden Wonder crisp advert as an extra
been on MTV a few times playing in a band and being Interviewed
been on what was TVS I think being interviewed about some scene or other with scooters in Brighton

been on the cover of Melody Maker as well :rolleyes:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tooting Gull said:
I was once interviewed by a roving reporter for the UEA TV station (so glamorous I can't remember what it was called).

Wasn't it called Nexxus? All I remember of it was that every programme looked like one of those 1980s hostage videos from Beirut.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Wasn't it called Nexxus? All I remember of it was that every programme looked like one of those 1980s hostage videos from Beirut.

Now you mention it, I did raise an eyebrow when he sat me down on a chair and brandished a blindfold and a card that read 'Mercy for the infidels'.

Strangely, the two presenters of Nexus that year both went on to successful broadcasting careers. Roger Farrant, and Marcus 'Buckland' (or Bluett, as he was then..)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was Elmo in Brush Strokes. In the real world, Howman and buddies used to say i was too fat and ugly to exist with women. Whatever, Howman! I'm the f***ing thing! Elmo Effing Putney. I be it and that and anything you wish you were.

D

Deleted User X18H

Mr Blobby said:
Following my accident in Turkey I was interviewed live for Turkish TV news when I went back. I was also on South today and they interviewed me from home. I did also got a 2 page spread in the Sunday People about my fight for compensation (took 18 months to get anything out my insurance company!)

In addition I was on Football Focus (filmed in Newcastle when we played Middlesborough in the cup) and live on Breakfast TV to talk about the game in Istanbul when England fans where banned.

I can also be seen running on the pitch against Lincoln, I am also on the club video a few years ago queuing up to go on the "big one" in Blackpool, plus a small interview before the Darlington game at Withdean.

I have also been on local radio a few times, last one was for Radio Derby on there Friday night preview of matches. Done SCR a few times, they had my contact details following my accident. I did some live reports for them when we went to see England in Albania and during the Euros is Holland/Belgium. My last radio "apperance" was with harty at Withdean to talk about tickets for the World Cup in Germany. Roll on 10th June! (ticket forthe first gane cost £24 which is about the same as Withdean!)

I have infact been told I am a media slut!!!!!

Ps Out of signed photos at the moment - sorry
you filthy media whore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here