Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have been laughing for about the last 15 minutes at this

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Ok joking aside,just curious,family? or Sussex born and bred now no need to pay vast sums to go to The Boleyn? call me old fashioned but i only follow the Albion.

Moved from Essex to Brighton in '85...Will be in the away end at Upton Park cheering on the Albion but will always have West Ham in my blood..BFS & Gus getting both teams up this year a fantastic dream

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We should be humble,we should remember our past,we should also be thankful,however,part of the Original club died in 1997,she carried on in a comma for 2 seasons at Gillingham,was on the mend from 1999 to 2011 but it was very hard work and now a new club has effectively been born,the spirit of the Goldstone lives on at Falmer.....

she has whispered to the Amex faithful from the otherside-

You have forgotten me,and so you have forgotten who you are,go take your rightful place in the circle of football life,remember who you are,remember,remember.

GOLD08 001.jpg

pictures supplied from my personal collection

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Moved from Essex to Brighton in '85...Will be in the away end at Upton Park cheering on the Albion but will always have West Ham in my blood..BFS & Gus getting both teams up this year a fantastic dream

That's a fair answer-

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This is exactly the kind of thread that will be bounced in a few years if the bubble bursts and our attendances begin to plummet. Such ridiculous posturing given how fickle our support has been in years gone by (I know the conditions have been testing, but we still regularly failed to sell out Withdean). Give it a rest.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is exactly the kind of thread that will be bounced in a few years if the bubble bursts and our attendances begin to plummet. Such ridiculous posturing given how fickle our support has been in years gone by (I know the conditions have been testing, but we still regularly failed to sell out Withdean). Give it a rest.

I will always be thankful we had it,it proved a success, it was shit beyond belief,Without the Withdean faithful we would never had survived,we had success there,do you believe that the same people went to Withdean for 11 years,or did a fanbase sustain it-we are twice the size of Withdean Brighton,even if all the jcl's go home...and the bubble bursts

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
I agree to a certain degree but i've stood on the terraces of the Goldstone on a cold tuesday night to watch a shit win over watford or to lose to sheff wed and the attendance has bare broken the 7k barrier.

Now, all of a sudden, the plastic BHA fans are starting these "holier than thou" threads because all of a sudden, BHA are getting 20k at every home game.

Now don't get me wrong, if anyone deserves it, BHA does but to continually start these shit posts because you've got more fans then them for the past 6 months is pathetic.

Still....back to school monday

schools closed over here on monday ... to celebrate the fact that palace are shit , have no fans and i hate them

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seriously, get over it, it's just a bit of banter.

Regardless of what our attendances are, Palace's today, and for the majority of the season have been shit. I haven't mentioned anything about our crowds in my OP, I've just said that Palace's today was awful, which it is. If I was a Palace (and I praise god every day that I'm not) then I would be a bit worried about that.

Also, I'm far from plastic, far from it.

First you laugh for 15 mins about an attendance figure then you would "worry" if you clubs clubs attendance was similar, There's not a lot going on in you life at the moment is there?
Get a girlfriend they are a lot more fun.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yep, cheers Mr Monkey, was beginning to wonder if I'd posted on the wrong forum there for a second. An opportunity to rip the piss out of the croydon scum should never be missed.

Not if it makes Albion fans sound like a bunch of barrel-scraping, anally-retentive, number-crunching nerds, though. Not saying you are, but it doesn't paint Albion fans in a good light to be deriding other clubs on the basis of attendance figures.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And BHA's crowd for the past 30 years has been..............................?????????

I'm sure this has been replied to, haven't read the whole thread, this just caught me as stupidity exemplified, but assuming you are a Brighton fan are you really this incomprehensibly stupid? How could we fit more than 6-8,000 in Withers... beggars belief.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm sure this has been replied to, haven't read the whole thread, this just caught me as stupidity exemplified, but assuming you are a Brighton fan are you really this incomprehensibly stupid? How could we fit more than 6-8,000 in Withers... beggars belief.

But we struggled to sell out Withdean most of the time!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
could take it further and work out percentages. last year we were close to 100% a lot of the time. any insomniacs fancy working it out?

Dear god, no!

Nov 10, 2011
I made no reference to our attendances whatsoever. This isn't a 'we're better than you' post. This is a 'you're shit' post because, and I'm sure you'll agree, 12,000 home fans is, quite simply, shit.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Palace's crowd today was 13,324...hahahaha. What a joke them lot really are, what a shocking attendance.

I don't know the figures but I'm guessing there would've been about 1,000 Watford fans, meaning there less than 12,500 Palace.

Shit fans, shit ground.

Ughhhhh how f***ing hilarious

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

well lets take a look-from 1986 to 1992 was the low point,1992-1997 was the "war years" and just look how good our crowds were(1998 & 1999) at Gillingham,when looking back..

England historical attendance and performance (Brighton)

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
This sort of thing is why fans from other clubs hate us, and i don't blame them. We couldn't sell out at Withdean for f*** sake and the only reason we have so many fans now is because of our stadium - half of the people who go to the AMEX support Premier League clubs anyway. You won't find that at other clubs.. Like Palace.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I made no reference to our attendances whatsoever. This isn't a 'we're better than you' post. This is a 'you're shit' post because, and I'm sure you'll agree, 12,000 home fans is, quite simply, shit.

I see where you are coming from but the fact remains it's more or less our all time home average-12,000 gates for Brighton throughout the whole existance of the club are the norm...rising to 30,000 plus on many occasions over many decades and dropping to 5,000 on many occasions over many decades...

Brighton=12,000 or there about's,rising again now thanks to Falmer..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here