Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have been laughing for about the last 15 minutes at this

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
And BHA's crowd for the past 30 years has been..............................?????????

I agree that this thread is tiresome but what has 30 years ago got to do with present time. In fact what has last year's attendance got to do with this year?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree that this thread is tiresome but what has 30 years ago got to do with present time. In fact what has last year's attendance got to do with this year?

What's the last 30 years got to do with it-the all time home averages are less than 5,000 apart.

Imagine the 3 promotion seasons of the early 2000's(at the Goldstone) that would have bought ours up almost in line with the deluded.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Although I think these attendance threads are tedious, it wouldn't exactly be a comparable statistic looking our average attendance over the last 30 years, since for almost half that time we were in a rather unique situation - two years with a home 70 miles away and 12 years with a capacity of less than 9,000

I agree to a certain degree but i've stood on the terraces of the Goldstone on a cold tuesday night to watch a shit win over watford or to lose to sheff wed and the attendance has bare broken the 7k barrier.

Now, all of a sudden, the plastic BHA fans are starting these "holier than thou" threads because all of a sudden, BHA are getting 20k at every home game.

Now don't get me wrong, if anyone deserves it, BHA does but to continually start these shit posts because you've got more fans then them for the past 6 months is pathetic.

Still....back to school monday

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
What's the last 30 years got to do with it-the all time home averages are less than 5,000 apart.

Imagine the 3 promotion seasons of the early 2000's(at the Goldstone) that would have bought ours up almost in line with the deluded.

Why should I care whether my Dad and his generation attended football matches? Big club, small club, it doesn't matter. I judge BHA on our current attendance and team performance. Nothing else matters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace all time average 15,500
Brighton all time average 11,500
Ignoring the last 14 years for a second, when did they start counting attendances as tickets distributed, as opposed to bums on seats? The figures argued about, and reality are two different things.

Nov 10, 2011
I agree to a certain degree but i've stood on the terraces of the Goldstone on a cold tuesday night to watch a shit win over watford or to lose to sheff wed and the attendance has bare broken the 7k barrier.

Now, all of a sudden, the plastic BHA fans are starting these "holier than thou" threads because all of a sudden, BHA are getting 20k at every home game.

Now don't get me wrong, if anyone deserves it, BHA does but to continually start these shit posts because you've got more fans then them for the past 6 months is pathetic.

Seriously, get over it, it's just a bit of banter.

Regardless of what our attendances are, Palace's today, and for the majority of the season have been shit. I haven't mentioned anything about our crowds in my OP, I've just said that Palace's today was awful, which it is. If I was a Palace (and I praise god every day that I'm not) then I would be a bit worried about that.

Also, I'm far from plastic, far from it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

To a point you have a point,but if we maintain at this level our home average which was 12,600 when we left the Goldstone in 1997 will only rise,it already has,so for all Brighton home games over our history divided by number of games played rises and if we get form like Palace did from 1989,then it only follows,that like Southampton,gates will rise,or if as we are led to believe,that we have no fans,then we will lose 10,000 next season.

Brighton vs Westham .....attendance 32,000.......year? 1932

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Seriously, get over it, it's just a bit of banter.

Regardless of what our attendances are, Palace's today, and for the majority of the season have been shit. I haven't mentioned anything about our crowds in my OP, I've just said that Palace's today was awful, which it is. If I was a Palace (and I praise god every day that I'm not) then I would be a bit worried about that.

Also, I'm far from plastic, far from it.

Oh don't worry fella...ive got over it. Just thinking that all of a sudden, BHA are getting 20k crowds per game for the past 6 months and suddenly you seem to have these almighty bragging rights.

Judge BHA on performances on the pitch and leave the bragging out

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
To a point you have a point,but if we maintain at this level our home average which was 12,600 when we left the Goldstone in 1997 will only rise,it already has,so for all Brighton home games over our history divided by number of games played rises and if we get form like Palace did from 1989,then it only follows,that like Southampton,gates will rise,or if as we are led to believe,that we have no fans,then we will lose 10,000 next season.

Brighton vs Westham .....attendance 32,000.......year? 1932

Don't get me wrong mate. Even as a WHU supporter, im delighted that BHA are playing to capacity crowds each week. I just wish people would remember the past and appreciate it

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
attendances may be a bit of banter if you like but it is not exactly the most thrilling sort is it?

aside from the boring back and forth over it, to my mind it just shows up a subliminal part of the albion mind that is shitting itself stupid with pleasure at being BACK as a club of ANY real note after so long in the doldrums and obscurity...

Now this is NOT A PROBLEM! It's great that things have come together for the club so spectacularly, including attendance at our new AMAZING stadium...

but you guys doing attendance thread... well you just don't know how to play it cool. i will wait for my team to start pissing on palace with regularity for my turn to banter, not drum up the slim pickings of attendances the minute we are at last back in the game...

GET WISE AND PLAY IT COOL LIKE ME OK, soon we will be laughing at palace for much superior reasons than this. i personally won't cheapen it with this soppy titwank. i care about the team and our results. ok style too. attendance.. yeah ok cool but seriously.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ignoring the last 14 years for a second, when did they start counting attendances as tickets distributed, as opposed to bums on seats? The figures argued about, and reality are two different things.

Bums on seats-i would count,or numbers actually stated-who knows what attendances we could have got at the Goldstone,were the East terrace sqaure all the way to the south east corner? or the West stand finished? 45,000? perhaps 40,000 were in the ground in 1958 vs Fulham as opposed to the "official" 36,747? you know "dodgy" decalared figures and all.....all i am saying is historically we are about 12,000 as a hardcore-yes some say 5,000 is our hard core following,but there is no denying the historic home average..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz another jcl that hasnt a clue on attendances over the last 10 years

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't get me wrong mate. Even as a WHU supporter, im delighted that BHA are playing to capacity crowds each week. I just wish people would remember the past and appreciate it

I know that,but i never had a doubt we could not fill Falmer,can we maintain it? depends on the field action,for no doubt our crowds will drop...

Let me put it this way....if it helps

i see West ham as a 25-30,000 club
Palace as a 15-20,000 club
Brighton 10-15,000 club

With many variations..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz another jcl that hasnt a clue on attendances over the last 10 years

who me?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh don't worry fella...ive got over it. Just thinking that all of a sudden, BHA are getting 20k crowds per game for the past 6 months and suddenly you seem to have these almighty bragging rights.

Judge BHA on performances on the pitch and leave the bragging out

This.

If we're going to get ridiculously short-term, let's take it to its logical conclusion.
Crystal Palace have bragging rights today They had a home attendance of over 13,000, rather favourable compared to Albion's attendance today of 0.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Perhaps,but,success on the field in the now and future will be what it's all about,Palace are still in the changing room,harping(and fair enough) to past glories,we meanwhile will concentrate on the job in hand.............

History is for the dead & dying-the future's Bright,the future is Brighton.

Pretty sure in head to head contests over the two clubs playing history we lead them. So we lead the past glories too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here