Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have been laughing for about the last 15 minutes at this

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
This, in spades. And I can't help wondering if ANY of those mocking Palace's crowds this season (the first for what, 25 years that we are higher?) were actually supporters of the Albion in the dark days. They can't have been.

A brief trawl through my posts and you'll see I take the piss out of Palace as much as most, and more than some. But this is pathetic. They are doing cheap season tickets, and kids for a quid days. Good on them, I say.

I will always believe Brighton are a bigger club than Palace, but we have to prove it over 5/10/15 years.

Agree with most of this post. We'll see how your attendences hold up over the next couple of seasons once the novelty of having a new stadium wears off i.e Coventry's Ricoh Arena, and the plastics decide to stop turning up.

I must say I don't think you're a bigger club than us, in fact we're very equal in size IMHO.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Over 7000 posts and you do not understand?

Come on even you-NE- most feel a little ' one up man
Ship ' cannot go un mentioned!

I quite agree, it's a rivalry. We all hate Palace, and I do find the Groupon situation glorious but I think it's nothing to mock attendances considering recent history. Selhurst isn't pleasant either, if we're being honest, and plenty of Brighton "fans" didn't bother with Withdean so I'm sure they have a few who would rather stay in their caravans their stroll up to their ground every couple of weeks. I'm not not anti-rivalry, I just don't think we should be mocking attendances all of a sudden. It just seems a petty to me is all.

Nov 10, 2011
Only JCLs would say something as stupid as that and not consider the fact we've used an 8000 or so capacity athletics track that was rarely filled on a regular basis. Oh, and Priestfield too!

I really don't know home many times and in how many ways I need to say this but...I WAS NOT COMPARING OUR ATTENDANCES! Palace's was shit and that was the point, nothing more.

Anyway, this is getting stupid, as today is about one thing only - our glorious day out at Anfield, although, unfortunately, my day out is just gonna be at the pub, watching it on the telly.

SEAGULLS!

Not sure if I want to take the piss or just have a nice smug grin on my face.

But what is for sure is that for the club that proclaims itself to be the "heartbeat" of South London yesterday's gate of 13.5k is very poor indeed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
maybe-but a sustained period at this level or above will change all that,besides i don't think the numbers quoted exceed 10% if i am totally honest,bit like saying Brighton is full of Homosexuals,when the truer figure may be some 3,000
Do you actually believe this idiot that half of our support is premiership fans?trust me we don't have many plastic prem fans,nearly all these fans are albion fans and like me haven't been to that many since we left the goldstone.Lets face it before 1997 we as a club had an all time crowd average of about 14k+,its only the fact that we had been in decline for 20 years that its dropped our all time average to 11k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here