Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have been laughing for about the last 15 minutes at this

Nov 10, 2011
This sort of thing is why fans from other clubs hate us, and i don't blame them. We couldn't sell out at Withdean for f*** sake and the only reason we have so many fans now is because of our stadium - half of the people who go to the AMEX support Premier League clubs anyway. You won't find that at other clubs.. Like Palace.

Why are you so keen to defend Palace, and who hates us (apart from the obvious)? I think we're a pretty well-liked club.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
This is exactly the kind of thread that will be bounced in a few years if the bubble bursts and our attendances begin to plummet. Such ridiculous posturing given how fickle our support has been in years gone by (I know the conditions have been testing, but we still regularly failed to sell out Withdean). Give it a rest.

Live for today - stop worrying about what may be. Take the piss out of the pikey scum and enjoy it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This sort of thing is why fans from other clubs hate us, and i don't blame them. We couldn't sell out at Withdean for f*** sake and the only reason we have so many fans now is because of our stadium - half of the people who go to the AMEX support Premier League clubs anyway. You won't find that at other clubs.. Like Palace.

maybe-but a sustained period at this level or above will change all that,besides i don't think the numbers quoted exceed 10% if i am totally honest,bit like saying Brighton is full of Homosexuals,when the truer figure may be some 3,000

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well, if you're not one, stop acting like one (i.e. someone who has only known the Albion in the current, favourable times)!

For somebody so unitrested in the subject,i find it amazing how much time you spend in this thread-all you wonderful videos would look poor were it not for attendances back in the day..

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Palace's crowd today was 13,324...hahahaha. What a joke them lot really are, what a shocking attendance.

I don't know the figures but I'm guessing there would've been about 1,000 Watford fans, meaning there less than 12,500 Palace.

Shit fans, shit ground.
Cheers mate! Only the NSC Nerd Patrol can really take offense at a thread glorying in Palace's pathetic support levels at the moment. All the time their support is shit there should be lots of threads about it on NSC

Comparisons with our war years are ridiculous.

I can't believe I even contemplated typing out a message explaining why I might want to take pleasure from Palace doing badly on or off the field.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe by the media but i assure you most supporters of other championship clubs do not

More to do with the fact that they are not bothered about us,rather than hatred,perhaps?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
For somebody so unitrested in the subject,i find it amazing how much time you spend in this thread-all you wonderful videos would look poor were it not for attendances back in the day..

Well, if someone is interested in the ins and outs of Albion home attendances down the years, I'm down with that. It's the unpicking of attendance figures as a barrel-scraping exercise to deride other clubs that gets my goat!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well, if someone is interested in the ins and outs of Albion home attendances down the years, I'm down with that. It's the unpicking of attendance figures as a barrel-scraping exercise to deride other clubs that gets my goat!

I know and i think i have bored myself on the subject,i am leaving this thread-for good!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This thread is embarrassing. Just to confirm to Palace fans, and fans of other clubs, it isn't all Brighton fans who suddenly think we're the biggest club in England all of a sudden. Every club has their share of people who get excited by these things. There's more to life than a weekly thread on the attendance of other teams. Are you really that bored?

Nov 10, 2011
This thread is embarrassing. Just to confirm to Palace fans, and fans of other clubs, it isn't all Brighton fans who suddenly think we're the biggest club in England all of a sudden. Every club has their share of people who get excited by these things. There's more to life than a weekly thread on the attendance of other teams. Are you really that bored?

And just to confirm to other clubs, I have not once suggested that I think Albion is a big club - look back on the thread and that will be confirmed. I have not even compared our attendances to Palace's. I merely pointed out that there's, today, was f***ing awful and I hate Palace so I take pleasure in that.

Nov 10, 2011
Cheers mate! Only the NSC Nerd Patrol can really take offense at a thread glorying in Palace's pathetic support levels at the moment. All the time their support is shit there should be lots of threads about it on NSC

Comparisons with our war years are ridiculous.

I can't believe I even contemplated typing out a message explaining why I might want to take pleasure from Palace doing badly on or off the field.

Yeah, I'm completely confused about some of the reaction I've received on here tonight.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And just to confirm to other clubs, I have not once suggested that I think Albion is a big club - look back on the thread and that will be confirmed. I have not even compared our attendances to Palace's. I merely pointed out that there's, today, was f***ing awful and I hate Palace so I take pleasure in that.

Why do you take pleasure in it? I don't understand, genuinely.

Nov 10, 2011
Well, if you're not one, stop acting like one (i.e. someone who has only known the Albion in the current, favourable times)!

Someone who has only known the Albion in current, favourable times would not maybe get the rivalry with Palace and would not take every opportunity to take the piss out of them, which was the intention of my OP.

I've been to the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now ST at the beautiful Amex. I was on the march in London; I walked out of the Goldstone when the fireworks went off; I was there when we last played Liverpool in the FA Cup; I was sitting with the Hereford fans in '97 because I couldn't get a ticket with the Albion fans. I could go on but I didn't really want to have to start justifying why I am not a JCL... I am far far far from being one.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

This, in spades. And I can't help wondering if ANY of those mocking Palace's crowds this season (the first for what, 25 years that we are higher?) were actually supporters of the Albion in the dark days. They can't have been.

A brief trawl through my posts and you'll see I take the piss out of Palace as much as most, and more than some. But this is pathetic. They are doing cheap season tickets, and kids for a quid days. Good on them, I say.

I will always believe Brighton are a bigger club than Palace, but we have to prove it over 5/10/15 years.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Someone who has only known the Albion in current, favourable times would not maybe get the rivalry with Palace and would not take every opportunity to take the piss out of them, which was the intention of my OP.

I've been to the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now ST at the beautiful Amex. I was on the march in London; I walked out of the Goldstone when the fireworks went off; I was there when we last played Liverpool in the FA Cup; I was sitting with the Hereford fans in '97 because I couldn't get a ticket with the Albion fans. I could go on but I didn't really want to have to start justifying why I am not a JCL... I am far far far from being one.

Sound like a JCL to me :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here