Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has to be done

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Most of the time yes. No Albion fan has been on the pitch yet. End of the season going for the prem, that will likely change. As will a last minute winner against Palace..... whilst most wont like it. I guess the point I was trying to make is that quite often the fans are as important ( Historically ) as the players and the game. The amount of examples you can think of is incredible.

The White horse final - FA CUP. Do you know the score or who played ?. I can't but I remember that it was 1923 and reportedly over 200,000 FANS managed to get into Wembley and ended up sitting round the pitch with the white police horse trying to sort them out.

OR how about that hereford goal against Leeds. I have no idea what the final score was. Possibly the scorer was ronny radford or something, but the ONE THING YOU ALWAYS SEE , AND REMEMBER is the epic pitch invasion, which everyone always thinks was FANTASTIC. It is ALWAYS shown on the clips. The great strike and the fans steaming on.

Maybe It's just me , but I love all the old historic football clips. The terracing and the swaying etc. I remember watching a video years ago about the history of liverpool football club. I think it must have been the 60's as the fans all sang Beatles tunes in the KOP and it was rammed. Fantastic.

The key point about this thread, is that you can't pre plan any pitch invasion. Just has to be an EPIC moment, where people end up on the playing surface with no idea how they go there. Or at least that's how I remember them being at the Goldstone anyway.

Jimmy glass for carlisle.... great scenes.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
What a load of lies that is, bloody hell.

1. Eltham lads are out protecting there high street. (which they did)
2. would you grass on someone who you saw throw a bottle
3. i would love to see a CELEBRATION on the pitch..

Spin it how you like.....ffs.

To point one you mean the lads that turned on the police due to know one to beat up.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
To point one you mean the lads that turned on the police due to know one to beat up.

Its your kind of ultra liberal views that got us into this pickle in the first place.

Dont believe everything you read, mugs like the EDL and BNP hijacked that in the press to take claim.

Those that know, know.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the majority here see no problem in going totally mental and a quick dance on the pitch in a really important match, Wendy in '91, Storer at the Goldstone, Virgo v Swindon etc are times when you go disco crazy and jump about like a loon, and it may spill onto the pitch.

But I suspect you know, as does sid, that what he really wants is for us to score and the invaders to celebrate in front of the Nigels, and see what happens after that. Given his comments about lobbing a bottle at Murray, you can guess that some half brain is likely to have a pop at GM if there is a pitch invasion.

Frankly all I want is 3 points against Palace, and then to laugh at them on the way home. We got FAR too up ourselves against the Stains last season at Withdean, and although the result was meaningless in many ways it was humiliating at the end of the match. That's what I fear against Palace.

Let's just tippy-tap them into submission. It's been a hell of a long time since we beat them at home, and enjoy the experience.

I agree 100%. There is a MAJOR difference between a joyous outburst of celebration. OR Run up the other end and start enticing the scum. That is when we WILL get deducted points etc. It simply won't happen though. No one would get past the 18 yard line. If there is to be any trouble it will no doubt be well away from the ground. Although the trains could have a bit of an interesting atmosphere.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Looks like you're on your own, sid. I suppose scoring against us would be quite an achievment though! :lolol:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Its your kind of ultra liberal views that got us into this pickle in the first place.

Dont believe everything you read, mugs like the EDL and BNP hijacked that in the press to take claim.

Those that know, know.

Mate your a complete f***ing prat its unreal, sky news were in Eltham all night i see it, i had two of my best mates there on the streets policing so yeah i think i have a rough idea what went on that night, i also saw the idiots that turned up to protect Eltham throwing bottles and attacking the police as there was no one else to have a pop at.

You my friend are the king of mongs and i think i see an article about you and your sister in the sun yesterday.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Mate your a complete f***ing prat its unreal, sky news were in Eltham all night i see it, i had to of my best mates there on the streets stewarding so yeah i think i have a rough idea what went on that night, i also saw the idiots that turned up to protect Eltham throwing bottles and attacking the police as there was no one else to have a pop at.

You my friend are the king of mongs and i think i see an article about you and your sister in the sun yesterday.

2 friends stewarding, funny how when i started that thread you didnt believe me.

dont bother replying your a mixed up fucker at the best of times.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Which is basically what I have said. Pitch invasions are not something that can be pre determined or planned, with the exceptions of protests at the Goldstone. Both the examples I have mentioned have been last minute HUGE goals meaning Play offs on both occasions. I think too many people seem to consider Hooliganism and Pitch invasions as the same thing... the same idiots when it is NOT.

No a 13th minute goal against Palace is not worthy of a huge pitch invasion, and I GUARANTEE there would not be one. But unlike some, personally I will not start tearing up my season ticket if 50 people start dancing behind the North stand goal in jubilation.

A full on Pitch invasion that delays the game etc has only ever happened, and will only ever happen for league winning / play off winning moments.

I don't get involved in the pitch invasions. I personally prefer them not to happen at all, but I accept they are to be expected in certain circumstances. I don't think you and I are in disagreement about that (just about how much we like them and whether we'd join in).

But this thread was not started about key, dramatic late goals. It was started about any old goal against Palace.

Incidentally, I hope you did not go to the York City game at the Goldstone. You must have been mighty unhappy.

I was a season ticket holder that year, and I certainly remember attending several games during the dark years that were interrupted by pitch invasions (which I did find annoying, but I was young and wanted to see football, aware of, but not truly appreciating the background troubles and the motivation, I remember wishing they'd wait until the end of the match to make their protests). I think I may have attended that one, but can't say with asolute certainty.

Last edited:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Mate your a complete f***ing prat its unreal, sky news were in Eltham all night i see it, i had two of my best mates there on the streets policing so yeah i think i have a rough idea what went on that night, i also saw the idiots that turned up to protect Eltham throwing bottles and attacking the police as there was no one else to have a pop at.

Actually i remember now, there was 1 bottle thrown and 2 edl bods trying to flyer the gaff.

my apologies.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
2 friends stewarding, funny how when i started that thread you didnt believe me.

dont bother replying your a mixed up fucker at the best of times.

Want me to give your there badge numbers and names.

I never once said it was not going on you said it was the people of Eltham i told you it was in fact the idiotic morons from the EDL, which guess what it was :facepalm:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can someone please enlighten me as to the last time a club was "reprimanded" for having people dancing around the goal in celebration. How were Blackpool reprimanded ?.

Please don't respond with Villa vs Birmingham where the lobbed Flares at each other. Or West Ham v Millwall etc. Just a normal celebratory pitch invasion.

How were we reprimanded after Swindon at the Withdean?. Or during promotion last year ?.

No takers then ?. So that's the end of THAT part of the conversation.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Want me to give your there badge numbers and names.

I never once said it was not going on you said it was the people of Eltham i told you it was in fact the idiotic morons from the EDL, which guess what it was :facepalm:

please see above post.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would be a bit difficult from the WSU. Maybe I could ABSEIL down like those NINJAS in the Bond film You Only Live Twice when they are STORMING Blofelds volcano.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Actually i remember now, there was 1 bottle thrown and 2 edl bods trying to flyer the gaff.

my apologies.

Lol ok il get the videos of the leader of the EDL there and his knob heads that follow him shall i, fact is mate your a complete prat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here