Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gordon Brown blown any remaining hope Labour had ?.

Has GB blown it for Labour ?.

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Wibble

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
When I interviewed him the other day all his 'Thick of It' style goons were listening in as he chatted to shoppers. One said: "His small talk has got better."

Clearly let is slip since.

Although honestly I cannot believe for one single minute this will lose Brown any votes.
There are two sounds that spring to mind whilst reading this post
1) The loud clang when you dropped brown's name..'when i interviewed ':lolol:

2) The slurping , sucking sound that i imagine will happen when you eventually extricate your head from your arse...' i cannot believe for a minute this will lose brown any votes :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think a lot of people sided with Prescott at the time though, as the bloke he thumped had just thrown an egg, and was sporting a spectacularly ridiculous mullet. There was an element of "yeah good on ya Prescott".

Gordon, on the other hand, has just snidely insulted some old dear from the comfort and safety of his limo. Cowardly and (having left the mike on, duuurr) very stupid.
In the same way that the magnitute of Leicester City FC's administration cheating has more or less been ignored even through the Pompey kerfuffle, so people will push this to the back of their minds, except those who don't actually like Brown anyway. He'll apologise now, show some humility and that will be that. I doubt the other parties will even try and capitalise on it beyond the immediate aftermath, because they will know they are perfectly capable of similar f*** ups in the next few days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
True, but then Leicester Citys crimes were about 8 years ago.
Gordons were today (added to the rest of his considerable baggage), and there's a General Election in a weeks time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We'll see. A week is a long time in politics, and all that.

I'll be shocked if this makes things any worse for him. Labour are vying for 2nd place as it is.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Five years ago (or was it ten?) John Prescott managed to punch someone and still retain his seat.

In 5 days time, this will have simply blown over. There maybe a residue of bad feeling, but ultimately those who are laughing hardest now were never going to vote for him anyway.

Completely different, Prescott punched a bloke whom threw an egg at pretty much point blank range and to be quite honest I think most men would have done the same.

Brown calls a Widow and a Gran a bigot, whom was just telling him what was wrong with where she lived (well that is how the Lib's/Cons and the papers will play it)

No spinning out of this one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's actually been back to her HOUSE to apologise to her in person this afternoon.
Can't wait to see the news this evening. :lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Fish and chip papers by bank holiday Monday.

She did seem like the traditional northern bigot anyway, a la Vera Duckworth, good rest her soul.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Completely different, Prescott punched a bloke whom threw an egg at pretty much point blank range and to be quite honest I think most men would have done the same.

Brown calls a Widow and a Gran a bigot, whom was just telling him what was wrong with where she lived (well that is how the Lib's/Cons and the papers will play it)

No spinning out of this one.

I didn't see Margaret Thatcher there.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What if this woman made a bigoted remark? I would rather have a PM who didn't like bigoted remarks rather than one who ignores it or worse tries to earn the support of people with such views.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What if this woman made a bigoted remark? I would rather have a PM who didn't like bigoted remarks rather than one who ignores it or worse tries to earn the support of people with such views.

Didn't have the courage to challenge her "bigotted" views though, did he. Instead, he's falling over himself to apologise to her.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Didn't have the courage to challenge her "bigotted" views though, did he.

Maybe not but not sure you can have a go at him for calling her a bigot if she made bigoted remarks. I'm no Brown supporter but I believe he said he didn't have time to answer her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here