Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gordon Brown blown any remaining hope Labour had ?.

Has GB blown it for Labour ?.

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Wibble

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I find it interesting that no one seems to be asking what she said.

I don't know why everyone goes so mental about this sort of nonsense. He's a HUMAN - humans make mistakes. So what if he called someone a bigot? Most regular people say worse things on an hourly basis.

The only 'mistake' he made was leaving his mike on. The woman probably was a bigot, just a shame he'd have been pilloried even more for saying it to her face as he probably wanted to.

Go, Gordon. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe not but not sure you can have a go at him for calling her a bigot if she made bigoted remarks. I'm no Brown supporter but I believe he said he didn't have time to answer her.

I'm not having a go at him for calling her a bigot.
I'm having a go at him because he was only 'brave' enough to mutter it from what he thought was the safety of the back of his car, instead of challenging what he considered to be her bigotted views face-to-face.

As for not having time to answer her - he's found time to trail his arse back up to Rochdale to visit her in person to apologise.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Five years ago (or was it ten?) John Prescott managed to punch someone and still retain his seat.

In 5 days time, this will have simply blown over. There maybe a residue of bad feeling, but ultimately those who are laughing hardest now were never going to vote for him anyway.

he punched someone who was a supporter of a very unpopular (with the general public) protest. he punched someone which a lot of the british public i imagine found quite funny and refreshing.

gordon has slagged off someones lovely nan over an issue many people in britain are very concerned about, and one of these concerns being exactly these reactions from politicians. this will go down very very differently.

how many votes will it lose him? who knows but to say the incidents will have a similar impact or lack of it is stretching it to say the least.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm not having a go at him for calling her a bigot.
I'm having a go at him because he was only 'brave' enough to mutter it from what he thought was the safety of the back of his car, instead of challenging what he considered to be her bigotted views face-to-face.

As for not having time to answer her - he's found time to trail his arse back up to Rochdale to visit her in person to apologise.

Didn't he phone her? Maybe he shold have confronted her about her views but I imagine during a campaign he is trying to avoid controversy. I don't really see what he has done that is so very wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe he shold have confronted her about her views but I imagine during a campaign he is trying to avoid controversy. I don't really see what he has done that is so very wrong.

Well, he's not been caught playing hide the haggis with Cleggs wife. But it IS an almighty clanger that just reinforces the view that politicians will say one thing publically to the voters, and something entirely different privately. So in that respect, its hugely damaging to his campaign.

Damaging enough for him to go to the trouble of going back to visit her.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, he's not been caught playing hide the haggis with Cleggs wife. But it IS an almighty clanger that just reinforces the view that politicians will say one thing publically to the voters, and something entirely different privately. So in that respect, its hugely damaging to his campaign.

Damaging enough for him to go to the trouble of going back to visit her.

Perhaps he is going back to call her a bigot to her face after all.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
A big poster has just gone up opposite my workplace. It has Cameron on it promising to cut down on benefit culture - does he not know that Wolverhampton has the 2nd highest proportion of benefit claimants in the country? I think, this is a bit of a Tory fail.

I presume it is only there for the benefit of the Wolves fans that tend to travel in from the outskirts, and not us City-centre dwellers.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Campbell has probably gone into her house gone MENTAL and told her to say she is going to vote Labour of she will never see her pension ever again.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Campbell has probably gone into her house gone MENTAL and told her to say she is going to vote Labour of she will never see her pension ever again.

thick2_gal.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If someone is clearly a daft biggot I actually respect the PM for pointing it out...

...is it possible that the people of Rochdale will want her kicked out of their town, she didn't do them many favours at a time when they are basking in the glory of the achievements of the football team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here