Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gordon Brown blown any remaining hope Labour had ?.

Has GB blown it for Labour ?.

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Wibble

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm looking forward to seeing Brown go and I think this largely reinforces the various accounts of his being very thin skinned, far too ready to place blame elsewhere and dismissive of the concerns of the the electorate.

However, as has been said many times on this thread, Brown supporters will see what they want to see (as I admittedly have in the opposite direction). While it is an amusing story I suspect that the number of people that will be swayed by this will minimal and that this is little more than a sideshow.

Bloody good fun though. I love his face when the recording is played back to him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I drove from Guildford to Devonport and back yesterday and this is the large party signboards in fields score;

Conservative - Over 200
Lib Dems - 2
UKIP - 2
Labour - 0

Looks like the south west country / farmers vote is solidly behind the Tories - a big switch from the Lib Dems at the last election

Since when was there EVER anything other than a Tory-voting farmer?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Standby for a 'Sun' or 'NOTW' exclusive from Mrs Duffy.

What Gordon said behind closed doors!

PR agent Max Clifford tells the BBC News Channel he has had no contact with Mrs Duffy, amid speculation that she could sell her story. He describes Mr Brown's gaffe as a "total disaster" and predicted he would "get a good hiding from the media, particularly the Tory media", but adds "it is his fault".

You just know it's going to happen!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Maybe instead of 'Things can only get better',or whatever their theme tune is this election,Labour should play 'Jilted John' by Jilted John-"Gordon is a moron" :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no , he has already blown it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I drove from Guildford to Devonport and back yesterday and this is the large party signboards in fields score;

Conservative - Over 200
Lib Dems - 2
UKIP - 2
Labour - 0

Looks like the south west country / farmers vote is solidly behind the Tories - a big switch from the Lib Dems at the last election

Even more interesting than that was driving from Bury (The Lancashire one not the one near Arundel) to Harrogate via lovely, lovely Bradford this Sunday.

Party boards in peoples front gardens were as follows:

Lib Dems - 50% - no kidding!
Conservative -20% (mostly due to Harrogate)
Labour - 20%
UKIP -9%
BNP - 1%

If that is how they are really going to vote then it is :wave: Labour!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Always alot of Lib Dem banners every election usualy a case of smallest party having to shout loudest and the fact that they are are a bunch of busy body numties!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Always alot of Lib Dem banners every election usualy a case of smallest party having to shout loudest and the fact that they are are a bunch of busy body numties!

Well we shall see - I could not believe the small amount of Labour support (or at least people willing to declare their support) I saw, especially in in Bradford - what was interesting was how many of the Tory Candidates were Asian - clever stuff & no doubt tapping in to the fact many Asians have become businessmen....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Without his wife pushing and pulling him like a mental health care worker, the guy is a hopeless tool.

saw her on something a couple of day ago and i thought she was the leader of the party the way she came across. :lolol: :facepalm:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
If someone is clearly a daft biggot I actually respect the PM for pointing it out...

I would respect him if she was a bigot and he had the cahunas to tell her so straight to her face.

He didn't though; instead he gave her platitudes and asked her about her grandchildren's education.

When he thought he was in private he THEN called her a bigot.........just like a girl.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I expect Mandelson will take over now, what a total plonka Brown is

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I would respect him if she was a bigot and he had the cahunas to tell her so straight to her face.

He didn't though; instead he gave her platitudes and asked her about her grandchildren's education.

When he thought he was in private he THEN called her a bigot.........just like a girl.

My thoughts entirely and I hope that people will take note of how he handled this encounter with the great unwashed :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here