Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Gordon Brown blown any remaining hope Labour had ?.

Has GB blown it for Labour ?.

• Yes

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Wibble

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If someone is clearly a daft biggot I actually respect the PM for pointing it out...
If you class a relatively elderly , working class woman , who has expressed concerns about the large amount of eastern europeans in the area she has lived all her life , who is intolerant of the lazy bastards who exist on benefits a 'daft bigot' it says more about you and your 'small town hack' mentality than it does her.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must say I'm enjoying the fallout from this.
I mean it'd be bad enough if some obscure back-bencher had let this slip whilst out campaigning. But for the PRIME MINISTER to do it :lolol:

That and his wonderful :facepalm: reaction in the BBC studio when they played it back to him. Fabulous.

brown_712034g.jpg

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
That and his wonderful :facepalm: reaction in the BBC studio when they played it back to him. Fabulous.

I gotta say that part of it was very entertaining. When they revealed that they were going to play it the look on his face was classic. Somewhere between wanting the ground to swallow him up and repressing the urge to kill someone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I havn't seen it yet, only the pictures.
Looking forward to watching the news tonight.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nick Clegg offers some words of sympathy for Gordon Brown. He tells Radio 4's PM: "If we all had recordings of what we mutter under our breath we'd all be crimson with embarrassment... Gordon Brown has now gone out of his way to apologise. He was quite right to do so, and I think that's that."

Superbly handled. :clap:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
it's not like he called her a smelly old cunt though, is it?

Exactly, he should be grateful he didn't use some other words in his vocabulary.

I did hear some of his discussion with her, and she was expressing what some might say were bigotted northern monkey views.

BUT, what worries me is that many in this country hold the same 'bigotted' views, and all the parties are spouting their policies about immigration ,but I still don't think the big parties think there is a problem. These ivory towered politicians don't actually know what it's like like to live on a sink estate with constant anarchy, or in towns like Burnley which is split down the middle on racial lines.

Today may help to move the debate forward.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Another reasoned comment which mirrors this thread...

Peter Kellner, of the polling firm YouGov, says: "Those people who are fans of Gordon Brown will sympathise with him; those who don't like him will consider it a very bad thing. The question is the reaction of those in the middle... It may be that people will be absolutely appalled... But it may be that a lot of people will say he is a human, there is a lot of stress, isn't he allowed to say one thing to her in person, and then another in private?"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Caught on mike or not, talk about much ado about nothing! Do people honestly not think that every politician makes similar comments out of the public eye? Does Cameron get back into his car after a hard day's campaigning and have nothing bad to say about every single tediocre member of the great unwashed British public he's had to shake hands and have verbal exchanges with throughout the campaigning day?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nick Clegg offers some words of sympathy for Gordon Brown. He tells Radio 4's PM: "If we all had recordings of what we mutter under our breath we'd all be crimson with embarrassment... Gordon Brown has now gone out of his way to apologise. He was quite right to do so, and I think that's that."

Superbly handled. :clap:
Oh look, Cameron's been outflanked by Clegg.

Again.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
One thing's for sure. Come Friday May 7th or whenever (if it's a hung parliament, he stays till it's all sorted out), Gordy Boy will be on his way out and back to his little flat near the Home Office. Whether it's a Lib-Lab pact led by Johnson or Milliband, as most of this board seem desperate for, a Con-Lib pact led by Cameron (unlikely), or a Cameron government (unlikely, but who knows - could be a Scotland situation), the government will not be led by Mr Brown, but I don't think these comments make a lot of difference.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I drove from Guildford to Devonport and back yesterday and this is the large party signboards in fields score;

Conservative - Over 200
Lib Dems - 2
UKIP - 2
Labour - 0

Looks like the south west country / farmers vote is solidly behind the Tories - a big switch from the Lib Dems at the last election

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here