Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone given up smoking this year?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day 8 now and not really even thinking about it so really very pleased.

Is anyone else still giving up or abandoned hope ?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Beach Hut said:
Really is that all - not been coughing badly at all so far

Well, for me, my flatmate said the same too (that's cold turkey btw, non of this patch nonsense). The main problem I found was that you tend to pick up a throat infection, as the smoke acts as a fairly good disinfectant!!

Not that this is worrying me at the moment as I've been "between cigarettes" for several months now.

:lolol:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Lasted till yesterday, then my boss decided to be a twattwattwattwat job and piss me off, just had to have one

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lander said:
Lasted till yesterday, then my boss decided to be a twattwattwattwat job and piss me off, just had to have one

When did you stop.............

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:flameboun :flameboun

Day 9

Well everyone..................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm into day 3.

Well done Max - how is it going ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Day 3 of the second attempt. Not going too badly and I have cut out midweek alcohol to help.

It should be very easy if I just stop myself buying them. I do not know many smokers, so the temptation will not be there...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I do find I keep looking at people who smoke now - is that bad ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Patches are great imo and work, they give you the most bizarre dreams if you wear one through the night though

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Well done Max - how is it going ?

I don't normally smoke during the week anyway, just when I'm drinking. I've given that up for the minute too so hopefully the smoking won't be so noticeable. It's the pub that's going to be the tester, ths ban can't come soon enough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
cannedheat said:
No just laugh at em and remember they stink you dont.:smokin:= :sick:

Fair comment was worried I might be becoming obsessive about it.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Day 6. Feeling OK apart from sore throat. Eating lots in the evenings though :bloater:

Keep going gents. Remember if you do succumb you'll feel a lot worse than you do now.:clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't normally smoke during the week anyway, just when I'm drinking. I've given that up for the minute too so hopefully the smoking won't be so noticeable. It's the pub that's going to be the tester, ths ban can't come soon enough.

Why not go to a non-smoking pub already ?

We have two in Shoreham

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Beach Hut said:
I take it that is nicotine gum ?

Haven't resorted to that - what is it like and what does it cost ?
nicotine gum worked for me...

I stopped the madness on Sept 10th 2006 so that means it's 4 months (122 days) today since I had the final lung dart...

I use the nicorette minty stuff - tastes alright and certainly did the job as a diversion in the early days when I'd have a few drinks and think "I need some nicotine...". Also reminds you how expensive fags are to buy when you pay a fiver for a box of gum...

Like Trigger I'm definitely over the worst now... Christmas piss-ups were no problem and the smell of smoke is unpleasant rather than welcome. But I did stop for 15 months once before about 10 years ago and then just started again on a whim so I'm not going to get complacent. I carry the gum round with me especially if going out - knowing that its there is the thing and I don't actually use it much now.

best of luck to all the stoppers (you aren't "giving anything up" - that implies it was a rational and valid activity in the first place...!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haven't resorted to this nicotine gum yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here