Beach Hut said:
Day 4 now and still OK.

How is everyone else doing ?

Day 2 almost complete......

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Day 94 for me...

Completely over it now, infact sniffing other peoples fags and smokey/shitty breath makes me feel eurgh now.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barrel of Fun said:
I weakened. It was my first outing with Alcohol and the chewing gum and beer didn't mix, so......

The only way is up and I am confident I can now do this. I have got it out of my system.

How many did you have ?

Assuming you needed to buy 10 minimum ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Beach Hut said:
Well done CJD - patches ?

Yep......28 on each arm, 34 each leg,...........only costing me about £300.00p a week for the patches...!! Don,t know why I haven,t tried this before...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BoF, this may not be the way you want to do it but I thought I'd have the same problem with the beer & fags so ditched the beer for a whole month to help, when I went back on the beer I'd lost the urge for fags.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trigger said:
BoF, this may not be the way you want to do it but I thought I'd have the same problem with the beer & fags so ditched the beer for a whole month to help, when I went back on the beer I'd lost the urge for fags.

That is definitely the way forward. I could do with losing a few pounds as well, so......Anytime I get the urge, I am going to pound the promenade. All good in theory, though!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day 7 now - how is everyone doing ?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I managed to quit for a whole year and then started again.

Since I started the cough has come back, I stink of backy and my teeth are now going brown again.
I am also out of breath on my bike.

I am thinking of giving up again, but this time I might save all the money towards a present for myself next christmas.

I want one of the Intel Mac Pros for £1699, so this could be an incentive for me.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=2CB5E8C0&nclm=MacPro

Last time I gave up I made a grid chart and coloured in each square of every day I had not smoked. I managed to save money each day and the idea was to get a mac. Unfortunately I dipped in to the money, but that did not bother me as I was dependant on the fags.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Curious Orange said:
The cravings tend to go after about 3 days, however I expect everyone has still got several weeks of coughing up phlegm still ahead of them!

Really is that all - not been coughing badly at all so far

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
given up since 26th December. chewing more gums than last week tho. not going to worry - chewing better than smoking.

only on the low strengh gums and eat them in halves - about 5 gums a day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brunswick said:
given up since 26th December. chewing more gums than last week tho. not going to worry - chewing better than smoking.

only on the low strengh gums and eat them in halves - about 5 gums a day.

I take it that is nicotine gum ?

Haven't resorted to that - what is it like and what does it cost ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here