I think I'll going to crack in a minute though :smokin:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
You BEG me for a smoke :p

I'm glad I've got the willpower to say NO to you :smokin:
Take plenty of smokes on Sat'day.....i may have a beer or two.(only to be sociable mind):drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A pint in the pub without a ciggie is completely pointless in my world. Come July I will be one of the countless thousands of social smokers puffing away in one of the various impromptu covered beer gardens that will spring up in Brighton's pubs.

That said so many people I know have given up after reading that Alan Carr book that I may give it a go, then again...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
That said so many people I know have given up after reading that Alan Carr book that I may give it a go, then again...

Read it last year, and managed to stop for about 3 months. I then made the deadly mistake of getting pissed at an extremely boring wedding. Hoping I will have cracked it by the time the smoking ban comes into force.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day 3 for me and so far so good - how is it going for everyone else ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
pasty said:
Read it last year, and managed to stop for about 3 months. I then made the deadly mistake of getting pissed at an extremely boring wedding. Hoping I will have cracked it by the time the smoking ban comes into force.

Go on Jon - you know it makes sense. Nearly 4 years for me now and never even been tempted since. Not sure why though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:
Day 3 for me and so far so good - how is it going for everyone else ?

Slight slip up :down:, but it has only made me more determined. Considering I was on about 10 a day, 1 so far is pretty good. The real test will be tonight, when I go to the pub.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Barrel of Fun said:
Slight slip up :down:, but it has only made me more determined. Considering I was on about 10 a day, 1 so far is pretty good. The real test will be tonight, when I go to the pub.

The pub was always my downfall in previous attempts to give up, so best of luck BoF, you can do it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barrel of Fun said:

Why not have a drink at home first to get through it ?

BOF, I think you are a day ahead of me ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:
Why not have a drink at home first to get through it ?

BOF, I think you are a day ahead of me ?

Good plan. I would opt out of the pub, but it is a going away drinks. Simple plan is not to buy any! Shouldn't be too difficult, surely?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barrel of Fun said:
Good plan. I would opt out of the pub, but it is a going away drinks. Simple plan is not to buy any! Shouldn't be too difficult, surely?

Why not see if everyone will sit in the non-smoking part of the pub ?

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
Gave up Jan 16th last year, tried patches severall times before which were great all the time your on them, but as soon as i stopped back on them quite quickly. So i found that will power worked better, i'm not saying its easy but without patches your ridding your body of nicotine more quickly. My only tip stock your cupboards up with plenty of food and wine.....You'll need it!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have not had a fag since Saturday, day 5 or a drink since News Years Eve, day 4 and I have had back to back colds over the last 3 weeks and can honestly say if this is how you feel clean and sober I am back on the fags and whisky tonight

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have not had a fag since Saturday, day 5 or a drink since News Years Eve, day 4 and I have had back to back colds over the last 3 weeks and can honestly say if this is how you feel clean and sober I am back on the fags and whisky tonight

What a silly thing to say.

You are bound to feel a bit worse before you feel better.

Stick it out US

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am at the end of my tether, having a bad cold and well as going through Cold Turvey is too much

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Spielberg said:

The whisky will help your cold but the fags will make it worse, one thing at a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here