Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone given up smoking this year?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Three weeks now for me - anyone else still off the fags ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why deny yerself one of life's little pleasures? In the same way that Norman Stanley Fletcher was forced to accept imprisonment as an occupational hazard I accept a slow painful death, premature ageing of the skin, a low sperm count and everything else as the price to pay for a fag with my pint down the pub, after sex, after a good meal etc. etc. As Viz magazine used to say: "Go on, have a fag, you could get run over by a bus tomorrow"

:clap2: :smokin: :clap2:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I HAVEN'T had a SNOUT since Sunday, thats 30.93 cigarettes I've missed out on and a saving of £8.19 :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
REDLAND said:
I HAVEN'T had a SNOUT since Sunday, thats 30.93 cigarettes I've missed out on and a saving of £8.19 :)

The money saving argument never washes because it just gets spent unnoticed on other things anyway unless you're putting it in a jar or bank account labelled 'Money I've saved from not smoking'

Using the money argument for smokers is as invalid as saying to a heroin addict "Think of all the things you could buy with the money you'd save if you didn't buy that next wrap of smack"

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Cheeky Monkey said:
The money saving argument never washes because it just gets spent unnoticed on other things anyway unless you're putting it in a jar or bank account labelled 'Money I've saved from not smoking'

Using the money argument for smokers is as invalid as saying to a heroin addict "Think of all the things you could buy with the money you'd save if you didn't buy that next wrap of smack"

the only difference being is I wouldnt have thought many people would rob your DVD player for a fag!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DC Rules said:
well done, have you managed to keep it up (so to speak?)

Stopped on 02.01.07

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Calender month tomorrow, anyone else still off the fags

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superphil said:
Still going well for me

Well played Sir..............comment from BOF required next

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beach Hut said:
Well played Sir..............comment from BOF required next

I have had a bit of a tough week and weakened (again) but I fully intend to be smoke free for the rest of the week. I am aiming to be in the Brewery Tap before the game which will be a test of resolve. I reckon I have smoked about 15% of what I would have done this month, so it is a big step. I will defeat nicotine. I must...

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
My resolution for February is to smoke no more than 5 a day. Usually I'd smoke 20! I actually started yesterday and managed to keep it to 5. See how I get on today.

I've decided that I will now only smoke the ones I REALLY want, rather than all the others in between that I smoke out of habit/boredom etc

The hopefully from March I will cut it out completely.

This method worked for me 11 years ago, when I managed to give up for 8 and a half years, having NONE in that time. Started smoking again in the summer of 2004 when I hit a stressful time in my life. My thinking is that if you cut down first and stick to it, when you give up totally, you are only going from say, 5 to 0 rather than 20 or whatever to zero. Makes it easier and I didn't need any of this nicquitin crap

Have any of you noticed that you just don't enjoy most of the cigs you smoke in a day anyway or is that me?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A book I once read a bit of said that all you need is 1 or 2 drags of a ciggarette and you've had all the nicotine your body is craving.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

I've decided that I will now only smoke the ones I REALLY want, rather than all the others in between that I smoke out of habit/boredom etc

Prob is if you have a pack lying around. It'd be great to be able to go to the newsagent and just buy one or two rather than a whole pack (as I believe you used to be able to do). I leave my ciggies at my girlfriend's so am free of the temptation to smoke in the day but know I can have one if I'm round there in the evening.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
Prob is if you have a pack lying around. It'd be great to be able to go to the newsagent and just buy one or two rather than a whole pack (as I believe you used to be able to do). I leave my ciggies at my girlfriend's so am free of the temptation to smoke in the day but know I can have one if I'm round there in the evening.

:lolol:

poor cow probably thinks you are model boyfriend spending every non working hour with her,

little does she know

:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A THREAD OF SMUGNESS :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here