Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hart AND Mayo set to be offered new deals

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Caveman said:
You'd struggle to find someone better with his head than Butters, he reads the game really well. His only flaw is his pace.

I think you're being a bit harsh Richie, we do need experience as well as youth. Who else would you replace him with?

If fit Hinsh and Lynch in the middle. El Abd can do a job as cover for this position as can Elphick if called upon.

There are bounds to be DOZENS of decent central defenders available this Summer all a few years younger than Guy.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Richie Morris said:
If fit Hinsh and Lynch in the middle. El Abd can do a job as cover for this position as can Elphick if called upon.

There are bounds to be DOZENS of decent central defenders available this Summer all a few years younger than Guy.

As I pointed out before anyone with the experience of guy minus a few years is likely to be wanting more money with a 2 year rather than a 1 year deal. If it aint broke dont fix it and central defence position is certainly not broke yet, next summer Guy will probably be past it but not this. Right back, left midfield and right midfield certainly need reinforcements though, not to mention the strikers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
More money? We don't KNOW how much Guy is on and I doubt a player looking for a new club can be too PICKY and price himself substantially out of the market.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Caveman said:
You'd struggle to find someone better with his head than Butters, he reads the game really well. His only flaw is his pace.

I think you're being a bit harsh Richie, we do need experience as well as youth. Who else would you replace him with?

Pace is not everything if played with right partner.

Morgan and Cullip

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Richie Morris said:
More money? We don't KNOW how much Guy is on and I doubt a player looking for a new club can be too PICKY and price himself substantially out of the market.

Any young decent left footed centre half can, and will be, picky.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We NEED a good OLD FASHIONED TRIED AND TESTED centre back at the club of the HEAD it and BOOT type and thats NO NONSENSE Guy.

Give him another year you shits. :clap2:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Richie Morris said:
I was thinking more of someone a similar age and standard to Guy when he arrived here.

In which case would be even more PICKY with what would be on offer!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I was thinking more of someone a similar age and standard to Guy when he arrived here.

I think he came here as one of our highest earners and we were a division higher and we'd just won two Championships on the trot and Falmer was being touted as a done deal...it's all a bit different and emininently more low key and depressing now...so NO CHANCE of getting the person you crave :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Icy Gull said:
I think he came here as one of our highest earners and we were a division higher and we'd just won two Championships on the trot and Falmer was being touted as a done deal...it's all a bit different and emininently more low key and depressing now...so NO CHANCE of getting the person you crave :)

So best not to give him another new deal which matches that one then...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
So best not to give him another new deal which matches that one then...

I somehow doubt it does but we would need to replace him. Personally think we should be concentrating on the powder puff forwards and a midfielder who can deliver a cross and can shoot.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Icy Gull said:
I think he came here as one of our highest earners

He didnt and he has never been a high earner, or whatever amounts have been talked about. If he had been I'd certainly have more pairs of shoes and handbags than I do now!! :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
What do you know?

The truth is what gets written up on fans' messageboards. If it is written by a highly paid journalist like Richie, it is even more true.

I don't doubt Race knows more about Guy's wages etc. Never doubted that.

All I did was post my opinions on Guy. Nothing wrong with that.

Still, nice of you to lower the tone by getting personal...

Well done you.:)

How many games do you actually get to these days Richie? Have you decided to play the journolistic devil's advocate here? Guy is more than worth another deal, his performances this season have been up there with everyone else in the squad. He's never had pace, but his heading ability and positional sense is top notch.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I can't believe some of the posts on here! Surely Guy will be one of the first, if not the first to be offered another year. What has he done wrong this year? I would go as far as to say that without his efforts this season, we would be down! He has brought experience, considerable aerial power and direction to an otherwise very inexperienced defence. As for the comment about him hoofing it into the corner when he clears the ball!:jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
How many games do you actually get to these days Richie? Have you decided to play the journolistic devil's advocate here? Guy is more than worth another deal, his performances this season have been up there with everyone else in the squad. He's never had pace, but his heading ability and positional sense is top notch.

Got a season ticket and go to the odd away when I can. Probably half a dozen or so this season.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Sorry Richie but I think most people disagree with you. I feel Guy is vital for next season as i can see him taking a more coaching role and playing less as the season goes on. Without him we have NO experience at the back and that is crucial. OK we have some younger players coming through but who better to work with them in games and training to get experience and knowledge of how to play at centre back. I believe your feelings that he doesn't win much is wrong as he seems to win most headers I've seen him go for and he always looks to play the ball when he has time but is sensible not to piss around when under pressure and simply clears the danger

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seagullible said:
Sorry Richie but I think most people disagree with you. I feel Guy is vital for next season as i can see him taking a more coaching role and playing less as the season goes on. Without him we have NO experience at the back and that is crucial. OK we have some younger players coming through but who better to work with them in games and training to get experience and knowledge of how to play at centre back. I believe your feelings that he doesn't win much is wrong as he seems to win most headers I've seen him go for and he always looks to play the ball when he has time but is sensible not to piss around when under pressure and simply clears the danger

Fair enough. I think you are wrong about Kuipers being better than Henderson but football is all about opinions - that is what makes it so interesting to discuss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here