Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding playing games?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
From Skysports...

Brighton manager Mark McGhee is growing increasingly concerned over the future of highly rated defender Dan Harding.

The 20-year-old has made massive strides in recent seasons and he became an England Under-21 international earlier this year.

Harding is out of contract in the summer and is yet to sign a new deal.

The left back would be allowed to leave next year, but not for free as he is under 23 - although any compensation is likely to be less than a fee they could receive in January.

"It's starting to really frustrate me," admitted McGhee.

"Dan keeps telling us and saying publicly he wants to sign but we cannot tie his agent down to have a meeting with us. He has to be honest with us.

"We know there is interest from a number of clubs and we are trying very hard indeed to secure him on a longer contract at Brighton.

"Unfortunately, Daniel isn't keen to do that at this stage and that might well mean we have to sell him in January."

Everton, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Rangers are all thought to be keen and could be tempted to make a move in January when the transfer window opens.

Apologies if this has already been posted

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's going to leave in the summer whatever. We need to get some moolah for him.

Bye bye, Daniel.

:wave:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
So now Middlesbrough and Blackburn have been added to the list.

It's now:

Glasgow Rangers
Everton
Cardiff City
Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers

I really thought that after nearly 18 years of watching football I might be able to judge if a player was good or not. Quite clearly I know less than f*ck all, because I haven't been impressed with Harding at all this season. In fact I reckon that Mayo played better in the left back position during season 02/03.

I'll just have to accept that he is excellent, because all these pro's can't be wrong.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Bye bye Harding. Perhaps we will get some much needed cash and look more solid down the left into the bargain.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep flog him and quick is my advice £300k and a sell on clause would be splendid. :)
Unlikely i know !

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
GUNTER said:
Bye bye Harding. Perhaps we will get some much needed cash and look more solid down the left into the bargain.

Here Here, bye bye not very good footballler who happens to be left footed so is able to shine in a minority - in my opinion

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Harding will leave, also I think it won't be long before Hinshelwood will be head hunted

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If he wants to go let him. As long as we get suitably reimbursed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lets get a bidding war going and offload him in January - why wait until the summer he is hardly going to try his hardest for the team and risk injury.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
gazwag said:
offload him in January - why wait until the summer he is hardly going to try his hardest for the team and risk injury.

memories of Zamora?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ShorehamGull said:
Harding will leave, also I think it won't be long before Hinshelwood will be head hunted

That is the bigger worry if Hinsh goes. At least we have Mayo who can come in and if push comes to shove Jones and Watson can cover the left back berth. Also there is this Sam Rents coming through.

However with Blackwell retired and Virgo becoming the White Pele up front we are actually short of centre backs, so losing Hinsh would be a big blow.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dan is a good player, and certainly better, by a country mile, than his main rival - Mayo...

I think we can be almost certtain that any money received from his sale will not be used for team strengthening... so, this means his leaving increases the chances of our club beiong relegated...

So how is this good, exactly?...

Oh, and please forgive me for wanting to retain our best young players, and wanting us to survive in the Championship... I know that goes against what many on here think being a supporter is all about, but I just can't help myself!...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have to agree with Albion Dan.
If Harding is messing us around we should ofload him, get a decent fee and sort our finances out a bit.
ITs not rocket science, Harding can be replaced in our squad no problems.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Harding is a good and improving player, maybe he is having his difficult 'second season'. We should be doing all we can to keep him and all the other young sussex boys coming through. What other team has so many local lads around the 1st team squad? We are proud of you Dan - whatever everyone else on here seems to think :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here