Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding playing games?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe McGhee is also playing games by trying to call Harding's bluff. I'd love to see them both stay and I, unlike most on here, haven't seen anyone in the stripes that can just waltz in and replace him. Mayo is now just back up, at best.

N

Nwanko

IMHO Harding is most definitely the biggest case of emporer's new clothes at the Albion in recent years.. ???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
oldham gull said:
Harding is a good and improving player, maybe he is having his difficult 'second season'. We should be doing all we can to keep him and all the other young sussex boys coming through. What other team has so many local lads around the 1st team squad? We are proud of you Dan - whatever everyone else on here seems to think :angry:

man utd
most lower league sides

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Call Dan's agent's bluff. The club need the money, if anybody's daft enough to pay it, and he'll get a seriously rude awakening if he goes anywhere NEAR the Premiership in the foreseeable. He'll get eaten ALIVE

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Albion Dan said:
IMHO Harding is most definitely the biggest case of emporer's new clothes at the Albion EVER..

I suggest that all of you critics shut the f*** up...

...in case any other club's scouts come on here and discover that he is, in fact, not very good at all:)

From now on we elevate Dan Harding to SuperHero status until we get a buyer for him.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
If we sold Harding the money wouldn't go directly on new players, obviously, but SOME of it would almost certainly pay the wages of a couple of seasoned pros (or talented Premiershite reservists) on loan to enable us to stay up. The rest would keep the wolf from the door for a few more months.

Makes sense, methinks.

Ned Zelic

Nov 6, 2004
I'm sure Ben's Grandad said that he would personally drive up to Everton or wherever to deliver the player and collect the cheque.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The bottom line is sell in our current financial straight jacket.

Stumpy Tim

If selling Dan means we can sign up a couple of Premier league youngsters for free like Alexis Nicholas then I say go for it. I'm sure Dan will be an excellent player, but needs must... we need cash & we need a striker

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
So now Middlesbrough and Blackburn have been added to the list.

It's now:

Glasgow Rangers
Everton
Cardiff City
Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers

I really thought that after nearly 18 years of watching football I might be able to judge if a player was good or not. Quite clearly I know less than f*ck all, because I haven't been impressed with Harding at all this season. In fact I reckon that Mayo played better in the left back position during season 02/03.

I'll just have to accept that he is excellent, because all these pro's can't be wrong.

Agree 100%. I have never been impressed by any games he has played in.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
so who's going to replace him? Mayo??

my god we're f***ed if that liability ever comes back into the team..

Harding is learning his game, he's played less than 50 games for the albion so maybe the time to judge him is when he's played another 50.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mayo is decent enough, with confidence he is a good little player who seems to be able to stay on his feet. Harding likes to slip over a lot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Mayo is decent enough, with confidence he is a good little player who seems to be able to stay on his feet.

The fact that he is slower than snail makes him a complete liabilty these days and his distribution is probably worse than Harding's.

At least Harding has the pace to recover if he misses his tackle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nathan Jones was a left-back when Micky signed him from Southend (in fact, he'd just won their "Player of the Season" award in that position). If he cuts out that dopey shimmy, he's another option for the left-back position.

I've tried to "like" Harding, but I'm sorry, he's just not good enough and I'm not seeing any signs of improvement. The likes of Hinshelwood and El-Abd have come on leaps and bounds over the last 12 months, but Harding ?? He's a liablity.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Mayo is slow and ponderous, can't pass and is generally useless in my opinion. Every game I've seen him play in he has made at least one glaring error.

I'd rather have harding who at least has potential rather than mayo in that position any day of the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here