Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding playing games?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Jones is not the answer!

Every time he plays left back that I have seen he makes even more mistake than Harding!

He is better in Midfield as his mistakes don't get punished as offen. Mayo is a far better option... OK he may lack pace but he is a no nonsense player who give 100%

Anyway back to the original post it seams his agent is the one playing the club about!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_wilka_ said:
Every time he plays left back that I have seen he makes even more mistake than Harding!
That is actually a physical impossibility.

Jones is quick, tenacious, and could form a MUSTARD partnership with Jarrett down the left. Christ, McGhee has tried just about every player in every position except putting a former left-back at left-back. Someone tell McGhee that Jones used to be a central defender, he's sure to get a run-out in Hardings place then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jones and Jowett weigh about 10 stone between them and you want to play them together down the left ? :shootself

Lightweight is the word that springs to mind, they would get annihilated in this division.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't need a brick shithouse at full-back. Pace and positioning are far more important assets imho.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
You don't need a brick shithouse at full-back. Pace and positioning are far more important assets imho.

Have you seen Jowett try and defend???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jowett ? Jarrett you mean ?
I've not seen much of him at all, McGhee hardly plays him. He is an out-and-out winger though, so his primary function is not to defend anyway.

Brooker couldn't tackle so much as a Big Mac either, but he was pretty useful for us once upon a time.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Jowett ? Jarrett you mean ?

:blush: only seen him twice, not impressed and not suprised he's not playing

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Harding got annihilated by Nicky Forster on the opening day.

I've never heard any comments on here like "god Harding is immense, must do what we can to keep him" in the same vein as Zamora, Knight (last season) or Cullip...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wilts said:
Harding got annihilated by Nicky Forster on the opening day.

I've never heard any comments on here like "god Harding is immense, must do what we can to keep him" in the same vein as Zamora, Knight (last season) or Cullip...

Yes, he made ONE big mistake against Forster on the opening day, and that led to a goal... he did NOT get "annihilated"...

Just to redress the balance a little:

"Harding is immense, must do what we can to keep him"...

Seriously, he needs to stay put, develop with a club that will nurture him, not stick him on the subs bench, then he will be ready for the Prem, IMHO...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
... and whenever Jones has played full-back for us (not often), he has been useless... even worse option than Mayo, IMHO...

I believe that we do NOT have good cover for Dan...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Whatever Harding's merits or otherwise (and personally I don't think he's anything special) his potential/advantage over any likely replacement in the squad is irrelevant if he shoves off, he won't be ours anway.

Somebody posted on here that some of us are 'proud' of him - he's obviously not that proud to be in the Brighton side, or he'd have signed a contract. I always think that a player who wants to be there, even if it's in this case Mayo, is a better bet than a player who wants out and inevitably leaves. Come January, if Mayo plays you know he'll give 100%. Will Harding?

I just can't be doing with 'Billy big-bollocks' players who want to 'better' themselves when they've only been in the side five bloody minutes. IF he wants to leave, let him leave and take whatever the club can get for him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i have to say the play offs were the first 3 games i saw him play and was looking forward to seeing the next big thing in an albion shirt as so many people had suggested.
when i saw him play i thought he was average and i still think that now.
maybe because he gave the ball away for the goal that almost got us knocked out in the semis? was not a great start but i really have not seen why some people rate him as highly as they do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here