Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Is the reason Hammond did what he did not staring you in the face. The fact is he was gash for you (apparently), didnt get the respect from fans, got called shit all the time and did so upon his return. Mirror this against the fact he's now playing for fans that think he's actually quite useful, have made him player of the month a couple of times and he plays in a stadium which is pretty much a caldron of noise (without wanting to harp on about Withdean V SMS).
Yes, the Albion fans thought he was so shit, they voted him Player of the season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hammond is a disgrace and Fraser attitude wise is too. Both thought they were too good for us, both will be found out. In fact, Fraser already has been as even a shitty little club like Port Vale don't like him.

Shitty like club like Port Vale. ???
You're in no position to moan about the attitude of anyone when you spout such ridiculous things as that. There was no call for that comment in the slightest. Out of order that was.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Coppell I hate because he IS Palace through and through and he took us down.

Crofts I don't particularly rate but I've never felt any genuine dislike for the bloke. I'm sure he's always doing his best and he seems a decent guy off the pitch.

Hammond is a disgrace and Fraser attitude wise is too. Both thought they were too good for us, both will be found out. In fact, Fraser already has been as even a shitty little club like Port Vale don't like him.

As for Forster, I don't think he's ever giving it both barrels to a former club who did him good. Put it like this, if/when Forster comes back to Withdean he'll be the exact opposite of Hammond - a true professional, man and all-round class act.

May I be the first to express my wish that, whatever you do, you suffer a piece of serious misfortune that will prevent you from working in the field of choice. And, as this comparison is with a professional footballer, probably earn a fraction of what you could have done for the rest of your life.

:censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
May I be the first to express my wish that, whatever you do, you suffer a piece of serious misfortune that will prevent you from working in the field of choice. And, as this comparison is with a professional footballer, probably earn a fraction of what you could have done for the rest of your life.

:censored:

Because he has a different opinion from you?

Get a grip.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
An opinion that states he wishes a player who has done nothing bad to him personally has his career ended.

Or is that sort of opinion acceptable in modern society?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Because he has a different opinion from you?

Get a grip.

Sorry but you can't seriously be suggesting that expressing your wish that Tommy Fraser suffers a career ending injury because you don't like his attitude isn't an opinion that goes way beyond the 'acceptable' kind that should be respected and argued with sensibly?

Anyway, while we're bashing away at keyboards here I'm obviously not being completely serious, but TCB seems to think he can constantly come on here and spout hyperbolic, spiteful bullshit (Kerry Mayo?) without actually expecting any form of criticism. Nothing really matters on here, but I can't help but take offence at some of the stuff that he says with alarming frequency.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Is the reason Hammond did what he did not staring you in the face. The fact is he was gash for you (apparently), didnt get the respect from fans, got called shit all the time and did so upon his return. Mirror this against the fact he's now playing for fans that think he's actually quite useful, have made him player of the month a couple of times and he plays in a stadium which is pretty much a caldron of noise (without wanting to harp on about Withdean V SMS).

Kevin Phillips always gives it the biggun when he scores against us coz he had a shit time at SMS, his wife bedded someone else while he was there, and we always give him grief about it. Its the same for Kevin Davies when he goes back to Blackburn.

Thats just football

mmm Hammond was rated by many/most Brighton fans. Don't take NSC too seriously. But there again I guess you have a yearning to be on here.
Hammond's gesture was possibly to do with his helping to get your lot level after being second best in the first half.
Some people need to get over it ffs.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
so what the f*** do you expect to happen. Teams like Saints, Leeds, Palace etc not existing anymore? A football club is not a normal business. You cant just fold teams all the time. We went into admin coz we bought a stadium using a mortgage we could easily afford in the Prem. We went down in 2005 coz of the unluckiest season in history and have suffered since then and have finally come out of it with light at the end of the tunnel. Its pathetic when other fans get jealous when what is obvious to happen does happen

And you wanted our support when your club was on its way out of existence and we all sacrificed watching our own teams to attend your 'fans united.' What was the score that day? Oh yeah 5 nil, cheered on by fans of many different clubs including Palace and Saints. If you hadn't won that day, you would have been relegated to the conference and it would have been all over.

I wouldn't go as far as not existing, a couple of relegations would suit me fine though. Would be some reason to avoid spending way beyond your means which is simply what happened. Leeds, yourselves and others have just written off several million quids worth of debt for 10 points which in the grand scheme of things means f*** all when straight out of admin you're in the position to start spunking a million quid on players again straight away.

If you're trying to compare what happened with us to your lot it's quite simply laughable. Seriously laughable. We got asset stripped by a couple of corrupt tossers, you spent above your means (albeit after 'the unluckiest season in history'). One is self inflicted, the other isn't.

I'm certainly not jealous that you got away with cheating.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I repeat - it's the very attitude (that Southampton fans and Southampton staff feel that they are inherently a Premiership club) that got them into the position of being in the Third Division and conning people out of their owed money in the first place.

Everyone else in the country can see it. Just not them.

Words fail me.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't go as far as not existing, a couple of relegations would suit me fine though. Would be some reason to avoid spending way beyond your means which is simply what happened. Leeds, yourselves and others have just written off several million quids worth of debt for 10 points which in the grand scheme of things means f*** all when straight out of admin you're in the position to start spunking a million quid on players again straight away.

If you're trying to compare what happened with us to your lot it's quite simply laughable. Seriously laughable. We got asset stripped by a couple of corrupt tossers, you spent above your means (albeit after 'the unluckiest season in history'). One is self inflicted, the other isn't.

I'm certainly not jealous that you got away with cheating.

"Cheating" is not obeying the rules. How have we cheated? and what do you think should have happened to teams who go into admin.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Can't we get back to discussing what a talentless, spineless anonymous little shitheap of a man and player Hammond is?

There are only two players I would stand, applaud and cheer if they suffered a career ending injury - Dean Hammond and Tommy Fraser.

Come on, that's harsh.

You forgot to add Nathan Jones:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Cheating" is not obeying the rules. How have we cheated? and what do you think should have happened to teams who go into admin.

You've cheated by getting a stadium and a squad of players which you patently could not afford. This maintained your club at a falsely high position, and when you got relegated, "unlucky" or not (how can you NOT deserve to go down if you are bottom 3 after 38 games ?) your financial folly came home to roost. You cheated your creditors by racking up unsustainable debt you could not service, and so got it written off so you could start over. Ask some of the local businesses who got stiffed how honest they think your mob are.

The punishment should be a mandatory 2 division relegation. A PROPER disincentive to the likes of your lot basically taking the piss out of everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here