Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, we're not STILL going on about Hammond are we???? Start a new thread discussing how spineless Soton are by all means. But let our former captain fantastic go please. We'd have had him back in a shot before Poyet arrived so don't be too quick to criticise, it shows we care too much. But not now, he's not good enough to fit into our future plans. Maybe Soton's. But not Albions :thumbsup:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Can't we get back to discussing what a talentless, spineless anonymous little shitheap of a man and player Hammond is?

There are only two players I would stand, applaud and cheer if they suffered a career ending injury - Dean Hammond and Tommy Fraser.

Do you feel like a bigger man now? (genuine question)

Why you would wish that on someone you've never met I cannot fathom. Strange boy.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Just because you had a white knight come riding to the rescue (AFTER you'd stiffed all your creditors through coming out of Administration), don't try to paint yourself as being any better than them.

Your mob were the ones challenging the League over their points deduction, and trying to wriggle out of it by claiming it wasn't Southampton FC in administration, but the holding company of the stadium. Do me a lemon.

You're all a load of slimey cheating bastards, and anything you "achieve" off the back of lashing out money you never had and then conveniently having nearly all of it written off, will always be cheapened. When it comes down to it, your club, the club you support, like the Palaces and Pompeys and Cardiffs and Leeds of this world, are thieving scum. And you cover up that uncomfortable truth with bravado and little smilies, pretending to celebrate it when really you're embarrassed by it.

And if you're not, then you don't really understand whats gone on.

so what the f*** do you expect to happen. Teams like Saints, Leeds, Palace etc not existing anymore? A football club is not a normal business. You cant just fold teams all the time. We went into admin coz we bought a stadium using a mortgage we could easily afford in the Prem. We went down in 2005 coz of the unluckiest season in history and have suffered since then and have finally come out of it with light at the end of the tunnel. Its pathetic when other fans get jealous when what is obvious to happen does happen

And you wanted our support when your club was on its way out of existence and we all sacrificed watching our own teams to attend your 'fans united.' What was the score that day? Oh yeah 5 nil, cheered on by fans of many different clubs including Palace and Saints. If you hadn't won that day, you would have been relegated to the conference and it would have been all over.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Why would you wish a career ending injury on anyone? :shrug:
What a very silly comment to make. :nono:

Stumpy Tim

Because I don't like individuals with NOTHING to offer who have got everything they have in the world thanks to BHAFC coming back and disrespecting us. If Bobby Zamora came to Withdean and gave us a few gestures I'd be disappointed but the man has earnt the right to do what he likes. To a lesser extent, that's the same with most players. Hammond is shit. I thought he was shit when he was playing for us, I thought he was shit when he left us and I thought he was a prick for going about it the way he did. I've no time for him and yes, it would make me happy to see him out of football.

So anyone you don't like should have a career-ending injury? What a twat you are.

Stumpy Tim

Where did I say that? I dislike DOZENS of people in football. Only a select few wind me up to that extent.

Stating that one person should have a career threatening injury is the comment of a MORON. And let's not forget, it was only a couple of months since you said you wanted the Albion defence to DIE.

You're a twat, and everyone knows it.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Where did I say that? I dislike DOZENS of people in football. Only a select few wind me up to that extent.

Football is football. I am sure Hammond is a decent bloke off the pitch. So what he wound the fans up after scoring against his old club?

Big deal, footballers get caught up in the heat of the moment and do silly things to which they might regret afterwards. We all do it.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Is the reason Hammond did what he did not staring you in the face. The fact is he was gash for you (apparently), didnt get the respect from fans, got called shit all the time and did so upon his return. Mirror this against the fact he's now playing for fans that think he's actually quite useful, have made him player of the month a couple of times and he plays in a stadium which is pretty much a caldron of noise (without wanting to harp on about Withdean V SMS).

Kevin Phillips always gives it the biggun when he scores against us coz he had a shit time at SMS, his wife bedded someone else while he was there, and we always give him grief about it. Its the same for Kevin Davies when he goes back to Blackburn.

Thats just football

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If I had very little talent at my chosen career but a company took me on from a young age, gave me all the tools I needed to succeed, the chance to flourish and eventually saw me become a seasoned professional earning a very good wage then I would not walk back into their offices a year after moving on and stick two fingers up at them.

I can understand the hyperbole when referring to Hammond, but to go on to suggest that Fraser should suffer a career ending injury and something should happen to Coppell to prevent him being involved in football shows you up for the complete **** you are. Could you explain exactly what Fraser has done to warrant such hatred, all I can think is that you didn't rate him, and if this is the case you are the most spiteful prick I've ever seen on these boards.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I forgot Coppell actually. Obviously not a player, but I'd like to see him out of work for good too.

Football is about opinions, heroes and villains. Those are three of my villains and I don't think any should be making a living from the game.

Well you can celebrate the fact that Coppell got an injury that cut short his career with Man Utd and England. Does that cheer you up? So why is he on your hatred list anyway? Palace through and through.... not really. The bloke is a scouser, managed Reading, Brentford and us very well.

I thought Crofts also was on your little list or has he now redeemed himself?

Hammond made a fool of himself last Thursday but reading some of the silly anger and precious nonsense on this thread you can almost understand it.

Should Forster be considered a **** cos he sometimes liked "banter" with the home fans after scoring against them?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well you can celebrate the fact that Coppell got an injury that cut short his career with Man Utd and England. Does that cheer you up? So why is he on your hatred list anyway? Palace through and through.... not really. The bloke is a scouser, managed Reading, Brentford and us very well.

I thought Crofts also was on your little list or has he now redeemed himself?

Hammond made a fool of himself last Thursday but reading some of the silly anger and precious nonsense on this thread you can almost understand it.

Should Forster be considered a **** cos he sometimes liked "banter" with the home fans after scoring against them?

eg at Saint Marys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here