Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yeah, heaven forbid a striker scores two goals. That's called doing your job. You really think anyone would give a shit if Hammond had scored and celebrated with his team mates, as per 90% of other footballers do? Hell, he'd have even been dare I say it PRAISED for not celebrating at all, like a model professional would do. What people are miffed at, and rightly so, is the fact that he went out his way to celebrate infront of our fans. Not only this, but the fans that had applauded him before kick off when his name was read out over the PA system.

I was right at the other end aswell, but I'm going to back the reaction of my fellow supporters on this one, and call Hammond a first class wanker for what he's done, and hope that he gets abuse for the rest of his playing career against us.:thumbsup:

Well said.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Equals? Are you having a laugh?

Southampton 1-3 Brighton
Brighton 2-2 Southampton.

You needed a last minute equaliser at the Withdean to scrape a point having already been comprehensively beaten at home. You're right, you're weren't equal to us this season.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Southampton 1-3 Brighton

You needed a last minute equaliser at the Withdean to scrape a point having already been comprehensively beaten at home. You're right, you're weren't equal to us this season.

Fair enough but thats this season. We beat you twice in the last season we were in the same league (05/06) and your win at sms was your first win against us since the very early eighties. And to be fair your capacity at Falmer will be lower than our average gate in this point deducted, consolidation season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fair enough but thats this season. We beat you twice in the last season we were in the same league (05/06) and your win at sms was your first win against us since the very early eighties. And to be fair your capacity at Falmer will be lower than our average gate in this point deducted, consolidation season.

So? What's that got to do with it. History means nothing, this season, we took 4 points off you. That's relevance. As for the cheap dig at our possible attendances at Falmer, well. Your stadium was built when you were an established Premier League side. It was custom built for the level you were playing at at the time. Comparisons are pointless and inaccurate.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
So? What's that got to do with it. History means nothing, this season, we took 4 points off you. That's relevance. As for the cheap dig at our possible attendances at Falmer, well. Your stadium was built when you were an established Premier League side. It was custom built for the level you were playing at at the time. Comparisons are pointless and inaccurate.

Not sure you can compare using our two worst performances of the season against possibly your two best or certainly better performances. Your 7 points off relegation and were 9 points off you (and thats with a 10pt deduction and 1 game in hand). If were equal then by using your logic your equal to relegation fodder.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Not sure you can compare using our two worst performances of the season against possibly your two best or certainly better performances. Your 7 points off relegation and were 9 points off you (and thats with a 10pt deduction and 1 game in hand). If were equal then by using your logic your equal to relegation fodder.

Ben. You are a prick. Are you seriously saying last weeks game was your worst performance of the season? A game your manager (another prick) claims you 'bossed'?

And we're equal cos we will both be playing Div 3 football next season. Get used to it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ben. You are a prick. Are you seriously saying last weeks game was your worst performance of the season? A game your manager (another prick) claims you 'bossed'?

And we're equal cos we will both be playing Div 3 football next season. Get used to it.
You should have a look at their site - you've never seen such a deluded set of fans. Most of their fans still believe that Pardew is the best manager in the division. I did chuckle at that one.

Just wait until next season - how I'll chuckle if Fat Ricky gets injured early on in the season, and their "brilliant" manager has no Plan B once that option to lump it towards him has been removed. By Christmas they will be struggling to stay in the top half of the table and their gates will be down to the level they were at the Comedy Dell. I think we're all hoping they do a Leeds really, except obviously Southampton are a far smaller club.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Southampton 1-3 Brighton

This, AND we didn't resort to dirty cheating like that fat boy lambert either!! I will enjoy going to st marys for another 3 points next season :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You should have a look at their site - you've never seen such a deluded set of fans. Most of their fans still believe that Pardew is the best manager in the division. I did chuckle at that one.

Just wait until next season - how I'll chuckle if Fat Ricky gets injured early on in the season, and their "brilliant" manager has no Plan B once that option to lump it towards him has been removed. By Christmas they will be struggling to stay in the top half of the table and their gates will be down to the level they were at the Comedy Dell. I think we're all hoping they do a Leeds really, except obviously Southampton are a far smaller club.

Who would you rate as the best manager in the league?

Pardew would be up there with them, Oddly the rumour is he is getting sacked in the summer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who would you rate as the best manager in the league?

Pardew would be up there with them, Oddly the rumour is he is getting sacked in the summer.
He's not a bad manager, it's just that IMO he is incredibly overrated.

Anyway, it is definitely Paul Lambert. He did the job at Colchester, and now he's turned Norwich around. I would also have said Simon Grayson was a great manager (he's picked a few good players, and has coped with ridiculous deluded expectation) but he seems helpless now that the going has got tough. If he guides them into second, I think he'll deserve a lot of respect.

I'd also put Danny Wilson on a par or better than Pardew. He's had one or two failures but plenty of success too. Barnsley to the Prem, Bristol City nearly promoted 2 or 3 times, now Swindon.

And what about Kenny Jackett?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's not a bad manager, it's just that IMO he is incredibly overrated.

Anyway, it is definitely Paul Lambert. He did the job at Colchester, and now he's turned Norwich around. I would also have said Simon Grayson was a great manager (he's picked a few good players, and has coped with ridiculous deluded expectation) but he seems helpless now that the going has got tough. If he guides them into second, I think he'll deserve a lot of respect.

I'd also put Danny Wilson on a par or better than Pardew. He's had one or two failures but plenty of success too. Barnsley to the Prem, Bristol City nearly promoted 2 or 3 times, now Swindon.

If Wilson wasnt such a massive bottle job I would say him.

Lambert for me....

I think most clubs either over or underrate managers, look at Poyet for example.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet - Next?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Well I suppoze we'll just have to sign a different top striker, if Lambo gets injured. Or I guess there's Barnard who isnt that bad
English League One - Top Scorers - 2009/2010 - ESPN Soccernet

Funny how this Xmas just gone we were struggling to get into the top half bit still got a 30k home crowd on boxing day.

God you lot are so easy to wind up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I suppoze we'll just have to sign a different top striker, if Lambo gets injured. Or I guess there's Barnard who isnt that bad
English League One - Top Scorers - 2009/2010 - ESPN Soccernet

Might even pay for him this time as well eh ?
Not that it matters if you don't. Just shuffle a few papers and get the debts written off again. Easily done.

Cheating, welching scum that you are. You're no better than that mob down the road, in fact you're probably worse being as you stiffed a new stadium into the bargain as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here