Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Hammonds always been a sausage even when he was at brighton he also made a jesture to the northstand when they equalised,knob

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I was right at the other end, I didn't see what Hammond allegedly did. But it doesn't take much for NSC to start a hate thread. Where's the hate thread for Barnard? He scored twice at the Withdean this season, for two different clubs, and both goals pretty much settled the games.

Yeah, heaven forbid a striker scores two goals. That's called doing your job. You really think anyone would give a shit if Hammond had scored and celebrated with his team mates, as per 90% of other footballers do? Hell, he'd have even been dare I say it PRAISED for not celebrating at all, like a model professional would do. What people are miffed at, and rightly so, is the fact that he went out his way to celebrate infront of our fans. Not only this, but the fans that had applauded him before kick off when his name was read out over the PA system.

I was right at the other end aswell, but I'm going to back the reaction of my fellow supporters on this one, and call Hammond a first class wanker for what he's done, and hope that he gets abuse for the rest of his playing career against us.:thumbsup:

Karlos23

Oct 26, 2009
To be fair he was born in hastings and the hole towns only got bout 2 brain cells between them.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just got back. Epic game, really enjoyed it. On the matter of Hammond, it was indeed totally uncalled for after the lack of stick he got, and merely showed him up as a classless, graceless, mindless fuckwit. Welcome to the hall of infamy, Dean, hope you enjoy getting proper stick next season. Harding, on the other hand, other than proving that there's no position from which he can't give the ball to the opponents, just as we've always thought, just got on with it, and he'd been getting some proper stick. Hammond played for Southampton exactly as he always played for us - you notice him when he scores, otherwise he's entirely anonymous.

Bennet was lucky not to get a red for lashing out at Harding's ankles, but Harding in turn pushed Carole into the Southampton dug-out and could have gone as well. The officiating was absolutely unbelievable. The linesman flagging for offside and then simply giving up and putting his flag down because the ref didn't look and had given a throw to Southampton on the other side of the pitch is absolutely unforgivable.

The most comical decision of the lot has to be the one which went against Carole right in the North West corner. Shielding the ball in the corner, he's pushed right over the ball from behind, and they give a free kick against him. So bad it was laughable.

Overall though, well played lads. A cracking game from an entertainment point of view, some really good football played, two top goals, and Albion fans showing that atmosphere is possible at Withdean.

Oh, and Hammond - go f*** yourself.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
one of many incidents he (the corrupt ref) missed, he was shockingly shit, it's a miracle he didnt cost us the game.

Absolutely. Where the f*** do they get these muppets from?

ps Hammond's behaviour was completely pathetic. All respect for him was totally extinguished after his cretinous giving it large business. Brains of a rocking horse. :tosser:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Probably like many others before tonight I never had anything against Hammond, thought he was a decent player for us. After tonight however he showed what a cock he really is. For a person who seems to have a very high opinion of himself it's nice to see him still strolling around in league 1.

1066gull

Dean hammond can f*** right off judas ****

I know this is fixtures, but I just want to vent my UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT in Deano. Was my favorite all time Albion player until he had done that f***ing shit.

I hope he f***ing never plays at Falmer, like suffers a career ending injury. What a ****.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I know this is fixtures, but I just want to vent my UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT in Deano. Was my favorite all time Albion player until he had done that f***ing shit.

I hope he f***ing never plays at Falmer, like suffers a career ending injury. What a ****.

Grow up you flid

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Suffers a career ending injury because he celebrated in front of his old fans.

Me = :lolol: :lolol: :facepalm: :nono: :lolol:

Oh! we're not talking about no Kop-end or Stretford end fans. We're talking about the notorious southstand Brighton fans also known as 'the twelve man'.
Never before has a player EVER jeckled the infamous southstand until this evil backstabbing walking disgrace who goes by the name of '****', decides to pretty much pull his pants down and show us all how much he enjoyed his shitty goal. We dont tolerate any of this sort of behaviour at the Albion. Remember Scott McGits last visit? We had him leaving on crutches and yet he was still forced into bowing down to the Twelve man before he could leave!
Hammond you better beware! They dont call it the south stand for nothing!

PS Block A really wasn't a wise block to taunt, I wouldn't be going out for a few days if I were you!

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Didn't really have much against Hammond or Southampton before tonight. However, I think they have respectively reached Scott McGleish and Palarse levels in my estimation. Hammond was a complete prick - not only the ridiculous celebration in the corner by the South stand, but then blowing kisses to us as he ran back to the half way line. As for Southampton, they bullied their way through the game, with very little guile - I can see how they win games, mainly by intimidating the opposition, plus the frequent use of long balls to the front two.

There was a period of about 15 mins either side of half time when it looked like we may be muscled out of the game, but we stuck to it and showed that even when we get absolutely zero protection from the ref (who was appalling throughout) we can still hold our own and play bloody good football.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I remember Hammond also goaded us away fans when we played them at St.Mary's earlier in the season. When Lambert scored their pen he made sure he ran to face us and gave it large. He is a prize t*at, and really not the player he used to be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I've had Hammond nailed as a first class PRICK ever since he / his agent came out with that line about "the club need to prove their ambition" when his contract negotiations were going on. We then signed Glenn Murray for £300k (a not inconsiderable sum for a third division club), and Hammond then f***ed off to.....a practically already relegated COLCHESTER.

Ambition ? Do me a lemon. It was about the money, nothing more and nothing less, don't insult our intelligence.

He was totally overrated here anyway, and I'd class him amonst the worst captains we've ever had. Had one decent season, popped up with the odd goal, but was largely anonymous for LONG spells of the season. The fact that we were SHITHOUSE after he left somehow disguised the fact that we wern't much better when he was here, although after he'd gone, some on here had him pegged as some kind of 3rd division Zidane for some reason.

He's a wanker. Disliked him for the way he left with all his bullshit meaningless shite about the club proving its "ambition" to him (as if he was the single most important f***ing thing at the Albion back then), and tonight he's just about nailed my existing opinion of the bloke as being an utter TWUNT of the highest order.

Best chant of the night ? "You're SHIT, and its Hammonds fault". So, so true.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Did Barnard run up to the advertising hoardings in front of the home fans shouting f*** off, cheering and over zealously celebrating? Actually inciting?

Bad enough without the home team being the one that made him who he is..

No mate. I loved Hammond when he was here and was gutted he left. But no-one gave him stick- he gave it out himself. If you didn't see it, don't be so quick to judge us who did as wrong.

Exactly what you said sir. Hammond is a complete and utter tool in my view. He was one of my favourite players when he was here, and came along to Seagulls over London on one occasion and was very well received. Then, he got far too big for himself, thinking he was bigger than the club, and could hold it to ransom in his contract negotiations. I was very disappointed when he left, especially as we had virtually no midfield after he went, but frankly we did well to get £250,000 for him. Other than the goal, if it was him, what did he do over the two games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here