Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
anyone know what Naylor is on about on twitter "tomorrows paper Albion's new signing from the black and white Magpies..."

am i missing something or just being very stupid or both??
It will be about Ben Dickinson who we've just got from Dorchester, their nickname is The Magpies

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
as a midfielder, i see that Yuki Abe from Leicester has had his contract terminated (i think because he wasn't getting a regular run). Looked very good against us and i think would be a brilliant addition to the squad. Anyone else fancy that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
as a midfielder, i see that Yuki Abe from Leicester has had his contract terminated (i think because he wasn't getting a regular run). Looked very good against us and i think would be a brilliant addition to the squad. Anyone else fancy that?

Terminated by mutual consent becuase he wants to go back to Japan, I read.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Terminated by mutual consent becuase he wants to go back to Japan, I read.

Could be like the Tevez situation, where he claimed he wanted to be closer to his kids in Argentina, so was angling for a move to an Italian club :facepalm:

We're WAY closer to Japan than Leicester is. And there's a couple of quite decent sushi joints in the city. Game on.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im my local yesterday, having a nice pint of badgers, i was told by a Crawley ST holder that Tyrone Barnett had refused personnal terms at Blackpool as he was waiting to hear what Brighton were going to offer, he said that we had agreed to match Blackpools asking price of just shy of 1m, but not terms. Make of that what you will. I carried on drinking regardless.

For what its worth, the games I have seen, he is a very good player. Championship standard...not sure.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
im my local yesterday, having a nice pint of badgers, i was told by a Crawley ST holder that Tyrone Barnett had refused personnal terms at Blackpool as he was waiting to hear what Brighton were going to offer, he said that we had agreed to match Blackpools asking price of just shy of 1m, but not terms. Make of that what you will. I carried on drinking regardless.

For what its worth, the games I have seen, he is a very good player. Championship standard...not sure.

£1m??!! Sod that, he has only scored a handfull of goals in league 2, other than that he has done bugger all and he is not at a development agel!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
£1m??!! Sod that, he has only scored a handfull of goals in league 2, other than that he has done bugger all and he is not at a development agel!

if I read it right in the Argus, a few championship clubs have a matched Crawleys asking price of nearly £1m

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The James Tavernier on loan from Newcastle rumour is gathering impetus. Not sure if it has anything to do with Naylor's tweet which does sound like him being clever over the Dickenson signing. Tavernier would make sense and Pardew said we were interested last week. If true I think it is an extra as my impression listening to Gus was his two additions were to be permanent.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
if I read it right in the Argus, a few championship clubs have a matched Crawleys asking price of nearly £1m

Madness, I know that Crawley don't need to sell and they are challenging for promotion but still seems over the top when you compare him to someone like Le Fondre who went for about £350k after scoring bucket loads over several years in league 2.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
New signing!!!!

Looks like we are getting a player on loan from Newcastle tomorrow according to Andy naylors twitter page. Possibely it's Tavernier (a full back) as was suggested on sky sports a few days ago

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like we are getting a player on loan from Newcastle tomorrow according to Andy naylors twitter page. Possibely it's Tavernier (a full back) as was suggested on sky sports a few days ago

Magpies = Dorchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here