Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Obviously one of the signings will be Michael Owen, but who will the other one be?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Surely can't be Tavernier or Owen? Didn't Gus say we needed players to compete with the height and power of other teams at this level (Taverniers 5'9' and Owens similar) - doesn't compute!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If it is Owen which I rather doubt I hope he's on a pay as you play deal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gus wanted Dave Kitson from P*rtsm**th but apparently he would be too ginger. Sorry, too expensive.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tavernier- any relation to Hattie & Clyde?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Surely can't be Tavernier or Owen? Didn't Gus say we needed players to compete with the height and power of other teams at this level (Taverniers 5'9' and Owens similar) - doesn't compute!

a) As someone has already said Dorchester are also known as the Magpies & as we have just signed a youngster fom them that'll be what the story's all about.

b) Newcastle haven't got anybody called Owen in their 1st team or reserve squads. Surely your not getting confused with Man utd's Micheal Owen?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sep 1, 2010
wouldn't be a bad signing - Clough doesn't like the lad which can't be a bad thing - but I think we will be in for someone with a bit more "reputation"

Yeah you are Prob right. Just something i noticed. Saying that.....there are players that we considered 'Squad players' before Poyetcame and now they are key players. e.g El-Abd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here