Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many ridiculous threads can we have about Rhodes?! Seriously, you've got to forget about him. We have absolutely no chance whatsoever, we have not got the money to get him and he will have his sights set on a bigger move than us. Rhodes is much younger and better than CMS so will go for a lot more than the £2.5 million we paid for CMS.

The fact is he isn't a third division player, he is much much better but Roy Keane is a shit manager and wrongly sold him when he was at Ipswich. The Ipswich fans were pissed off at the time as he was so promising and Keane gave him away.

Vokes is far more realistic and I think he would be a good signing. Really rated him at Bournemouth and he should compliment CMS nicely.

I wouldnt say that he was better than CMS but will go for more money.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wouldnt say that he was better than CMS but will go for more money.

I think Rhodes is actually quite a bit better than CMS. Hes a much more natural striker, he's certainly a better finisher aswell as being quite quick and strong. At 21 he will will only get better. CMS' greatest strength is his physical strength and pace but as you move higher up the leagues physical strength isn't enough, you need more ability which I think Rhodes has got.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If we sign someone tomorrow or Tuesday I wonder whether Naylor will have the bottle to run his online Q&A this week?

Currently I'm thinking there is no chance anyone from the Argus will man up and face the public any time soon

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Scoring goals in League 1 does not guarantee scoring in the Championship where the defences are bigger and quicker. We have a 35 goals scorer last season in CMS, Barnes got 20 goals at that level and Murray got 22. None of the trio are scoring like that now because of the step up.

Spot on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
5 million for a 3rd division player where do you get that figure from,he is only worth what another club is willing to pay.
But this is only half of the equation. The other half is knowing the minimum price that Huddersfield would take for losing by far their most influential player.

If Huddersfield feel the cost of losing him is £5m, and every team in the top two divisions consider that too high a price for an player unproven at a higher level, then the transfer isn't going to happen. And after Lee Clarke's comments on Saturday, I suspect that is the case: to paraphrase him, Rhodes will be a Premiership or Championship player next season, whether or not he's with Huddersfield.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But this is only half of the equation. The other half is knowing the minimum price that Huddersfield would take for losing by far their most influential player.

If Huddersfield feel the cost of losing him is £5m, and every team in the top two divisions consider that too high a price for an player unproven at a higher level, then the transfer isn't going to happen. And after Lee Clarke's comments on Saturday, I suspect that is the case: to paraphrase him, Rhodes will be a Premiership or Championship player next season, whether or not he's with Huddersfield.

Is Rhodes still under contract at the end of the season ? If he isn't that can drop his price although not his wage expectations which would be a large factor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm sure I read somewhere that Lieceester had a bid of £4m for Rhodes rejected.
They've definetely turned down £2.5m from West Ham

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's unusual for Gus to be confident of making signings normaly eeees complicated!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there is a rumour that boyd is goint to reading now they have russian billions

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If we sign someone tomorrow or Tuesday I wonder whether Naylor will have the bottle to run his online Q&A this week?

Currently I'm thinking there is no chance anyone from the Argus will man up and face the public any time soon

he will but will open up with "not here to discuss the case" and then wont put through any questions relating to it.

Albion4

Jul 12, 2011
Leigh Griffiths - currently on loan at Hibs from Wolves. Natural goalscorer, build up play is good and is exceptionally quick. Can't stop scoring for Hibs.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Craig Gordon on loan from Sunderland?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Leigh Griffiths - currently on loan at Hibs from Wolves. Natural goalscorer, build up play is good and is exceptionally quick. Can't stop scoring for Hibs.

Sandaza also can't stop scoring in the SPL.

SPL = League One/Two level.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
The Boyd rumour seems to be carrying a lot of momentum and it looks like we are keen on this Tavernier fellow from Newcastle according to the Chichester Observer :)lolol:). Anyone know much about him?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
The Boyd rumour seems to be carrying a lot of momentum and it looks like we are keen on this Tavernier fellow from Newcastle according to the Chichester Observer :)lolol:). Anyone know much about him?

anyone know what Naylor is on about on twitter "tomorrows paper Albion's new signing from the black and white Magpies..."

am i missing something or just being very stupid or both??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here