Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
what about that Benik Afobe (?) who was on loan at Huddersfield last season from Arsenal ? Would be a good shout up front.

I heard from a really, really good source that we looked at him, and very nearly signed him on loan, in the Summer. No idea why it didn't happen in the end.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think there is more chance of me putting on my boots than us lining up Rhodes with CMS, b ut I suppose I could be wrong. I am not sure that they would compliment each other and be the perfect partnership.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
please get real boys and girls - no way are we signing Rhodes, now or in the future. He is going nowhere this window and when he moves it will be to bigger fish than us.

Boyd? I believe the story that he was ill yesterday much as I would love this to be true.

Vokes - I think will be a Brighton player soon.
Reyes likewise although that may not be until next Tuesday - as long as it's in time to play

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
please get real boys and girls - no way are we signing Rhodes, now or in the future. He is going nowhere this window and when he moves it will be to bigger fish than us.

Boyd? I believe the story that he was ill yesterday much as I would love this to be true.

Reyes likewise although that may not be until next Tuesday - as long as it's in time to play

If 3rd division players are too big a catch for us to reel in, then we will not meet Gus and Tonys ambitions

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I felt that we were too light weight and needed a couple of 6 foot+ players but after watching Swansea defeat Arsenal if we could fashion our play to resemble Swansea we could keep our place in the Championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But Gus and Tony are real people and not characters on FIFA or FM or whatever game and Rhodes is not coming to Brighton

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If 3rd division players are too big a catch for us to reel in, then we will not meet Gus and Tonys ambitions

It is not the fact that he is a 3rd division player but m ore the price Huddersfield will want which in turn makes him believe the hype about himself and to then expect that he himself thinks he is above our standard and expectations.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rhodes to Everton, Sunderland or West ham (assuming they go up) in the Summer, probably £5m.

I think we'll get Vokes. I do wonder about Jara Reyes not from a capability perspective but more of a whether we can afford his wages.

Ideally would like to see us swap Harley for Boyd or McCann and hand over £500k as well.

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea

Was speaking to a mate of mine who is a wolves fan and he was saying that we were on the verge of signing sam vokes on loan for the season. until these newspaer reports came out.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It is not the fact that he is a 3rd division player but m ore the price Huddersfield will want which in turn makes him believe the hype about himself and to then expect that he himself thinks he is above our standard and expectations.

He will be expensive in so much that he will be a gamble as was CMS,but if we are to sign players in this window they have to be on form or there is no point in signing them now.We are currently in a position to push for promotion which we may not be in this time next season, given the difficulty of getting promoted from the championship.I am not saying we must sign Rhodes but any one we do sign will not be cheap if they are worth signing up,unless Gus goes shopping in Europe again for bargains like Calderon.

Was speaking to a mate of mine who is a wolves fan and he was saying that we were on the verge of signing sam vokes on loan for the season. until these newspaer reports came out.

Reported on SSN a couple of days ago that Mcarthy has said he is willing to sell Vokes this window not loan him again. He believes Vokes deserves a permanent contract somewhere else and confirmed he is surplus to requirements at Wolves. Stated that bids had been received from two clubs but neither met their valuation. Nothing to do with newspaper reports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here