Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Serious question: Does anyone see Harley leaving? He seems to be further away from the 1st team now (this is not a comment on his performances). Could be used as a sweetener in a deal for a top L1 midfielder or something?

A cheeky swap-deal for Jordan Rhodes perhaps (plus a bit of cash either way, obviously). :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sunday papers say that West Ham and Burnley are battling it out to sign Danny Lafferty the left back we had on trial from Derry for £150k did he not impress Gus I wonder or could he still be in the frame with Painter having another injury.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
To be fair, Gus pretty much said in his interview yesterday that when we play a team of six footers, we don't have the right sort of players to cope - and those are the kind of players he's looking to bring in.

Barcelona do well with a team of players under six foot, so 2 or 3 from them would make me happy.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The anti-Harley brigade are being stupid. First and foremost he's our player so if you're going to criticise at least be constructive.

He's the type of player that is very cultured and does well in a side that'll play to his strengths. Reminds me a lot of Murray. Before last season Murray had exactly the same criticisms and then when we started performing and playing to his game, he took off. The same will be true of Harley. I'm sure of it.

Now on the subject of signings, if we fancy a quality midfielder I'd go for Bailey from Middlesborough. That lad is unbelievable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... still think we need someone (or two) in to get best out of CMS... Boyd and a reunited Mac attack!?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Probably a stupid question but are others interested then.

A host of Clubs with much bigger budgets than us. Has been touted around for way more than we can spend.

There is zero chance we'll sign him, and speculating linking us is laughable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To be fair, Gus pretty much said in his interview yesterday that when we play a team of six footers, we don't have the right sort of players to cope - and those are the kind of players he's looking to bring in.

There is a big lad Stephens who plays for Hibs sometimes.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
A host of Clubs with much bigger budgets than us. Has been touted around for way more than we can spend.

There is zero chance we'll sign him, and speculating linking us is laughable.

Fair enough but out of interest why has he stayed in the 3rd division with Huddersfield then and what other clubs have put offers in, we managed to sign Smudger and i for one did not think he would sign with us when the likes of saints and leicester were after him

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair enough but out of interest why has he stayed in the 3rd division with Huddersfield then and what other clubs have put offers in, we managed to sign Smudger and i for one did not think he would sign with us when the likes of saints and leicester were after him

Westham made an enquiry I think

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I know every player has his price but Huddersfield have said he's not for sale. They are desperate to get out of League 1, so will hold on to him as long as they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here