Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus has stated he is after some players with presence, some one like Rhodes could secure promotion and the rewards that come with it

Scoring goals in League 1 does not guarantee scoring in the Championship where the defences are bigger and quicker. We have a 35 goals scorer last season in CMS, Barnes got 20 goals at that level and Murray got 22. None of the trio are scoring like that now because of the step up.

Stumpy Tim

That maybe so, but the midfield is actually starting to put a decent shift in now with a re-energised Sparrow and a hungry JFC giving bridcutt the help he needs, this leaves the fullback position both left and right as the major weakness in the team at the moment so I would put Reyes in there.

At the moment they are, but that could easily change. He'll be good in both positions to be fair.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Scoring goals in League 1 does not guarantee scoring in the Championship where the defences are bigger and quicker. We have a 35 goals scorer last season in CMS, Barnes got 20 goals at that level and Murray got 22. None of the trio are scoring like that now because of the step up.

I would not disagree with what you have said but has Gus got the funds available to steel a quality and proven championship or premiership striker,i don`t think he has that is why he is gambling with signings from lower divisions.I could be wrong of course and we may sign Lambert next week from southampton.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why do people keep wheeling out these kind of descriptions?

This isn't the kind of player that Gus is interested in; unless he's also mobile, has a great first touch, confidence on the ball, speed to close down and ability to find close or distant team mates. There ain't many of those around

What? Poyet has mentioned this countless times, midfielder with presence.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whoever comes in you would have thought it would be before Saturday. Can't see Gus meeting players(presuming he does) and sorting out deals on the day of the Palace game. Is it a full programme of fixtures that night or only us?...We wont sign Rhodes in a million years, so forget that one and if Peterboro sell Boyd at this stage of the season they are mad, unless he is out of contract in the summer and they need to get some sort of cash before he goes for nothing. Vokes would still be my best guess as a striker, and Reyes who would be a great signing if he can behave himself, does seem a bit of a loose cannon.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Whoever comes in you would have thought it would be before Saturday. Can't see Gus meeting players(presuming he does) and sorting out deals on the day of the Palace game. Is it a full programme of fixtures that night or only us?...We wont sign Rhodes in a million years, so forget that one and if Peterboro sell Boyd at this stage of the season they are mad, unless he is out of contract in the summer and they need to get some sort of cash before he goes for nothing. Vokes would still be my best guess as a striker, and Reyes who would be a great signing if he can behave himself, does seem a bit of a loose cannon.

Think his contract expires in around 18 months at Posh (July 2013)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
:
Why do people keep wheeling out these kind of descriptions?

This isn't the kind of player that Gus is interested in; unless he's also mobile, has a great first touch, confidence on the ball, speed to close down and ability to find close or distant team mates. There ain't many of those around

yaya toure??:)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4655834 said:
Think his contract expires in around 18 months at Posh (July 2013)

Then they would be crazy to sell him now, everything good they do comes though him and McCann. He will go in the summer for sure though.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
what about that Benik Afobe (?) who was on loan at Huddersfield last season from Arsenal ? Would be a good shout up front.

very good call, think it would only be on loan as he is highly rated and maybe Tavernier from newcastle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here