Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I wouldn't bother signing anyone except a striker, maybe Vokes if available. It's been proven, just involve more of the development squad if needed. Many of the players are ready for the step up as Dunk, Caskey and Agdestein have shown.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I heard it too. Didn't disagree that it's a striker & midfielder, and was confident the deals will be done.

indeed and I wouldn't be surprised if we went for young Tavernier from Newcastle on loan as well now that Painter has suffered another setback

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Doubt any money will be spent. Probably just a loan or two. It's already been stated that there is no budget left and that any money from the Newcastle game will not filter down to Gus.

Could be smoke and mirrors though. :D

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Four wins out of four and our development squad players being brilliant when called upon, I think we won't spend a penny and wait to see what the end of season brings in terms of Div 1 or Prem or Champ - more like the latter two tbo.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Obviously Boyd would improve the squad but I don't rate him as highly as some on here seem to.

Great player but very selfish and seems to me that he needs to be the focal point of the squad and I'm just not convinced he'd suit us.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Obviously Boyd would improve the squad but I don't rate him as highly as some on here seem to.

Great player but very selfish and seems to me that he needs to be the focal point of the squad and I'm just not convinced he'd suit us.

He maybe selfish but him and CMS know each others game inside out, so I can handle his Selfishness no problem !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I think his biggest value to us would be in getting the best from CMS.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think today's result might see us slash a few quid about. A loss today would have seen us five points from sixth place with at least half a dozen clubs between us and sixth. That would have been a massive almost certainly to big a task to get into the top six. However the win today was massive, two points off a play off spot and I think there is a very real chance that Tony and Gus will gamble and think they can sneek a top six place now.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
why should we sign Boyd?! We need a full back, and a huge powerful CM.

CMS, Barnes, Hoskins, Aggy, and Buckley is enough forwards.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Boyd rumours true i'd fancy a double swoop and pick up McCann too!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here