Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus confident of 2 more signings

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Ferguson said in his interview he didnt play yesterday as he hadnt trained due to the infection that they didnt want to spread while training but he would be ok next week.

Just what we need another sicknote,ferguson stated the infection had been very underated and that he could not comment on when Boyd would return, and that excercise was dangerous as this could lead to the infection spreading.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just what we need another sicknote,ferguson stated the infection had been very underated and that he could not comment on when he would return

I think you are right. Reading their forum what seem to be accepted as the most reliable sources say he was hospitalised with a leg infection which followed a badly gashed leg. Sort of thing that doesn't take long to heal with antibiotics but until they kick in would leave him flushed sore and certainly unable to play. I don't think he will be going anywhere.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I still don't know why everyone still thinks we will sign Boyd. Very unlikely. My moneys on Vokes and Tavenier (sp?) from the toon.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Seriously, let it go. Rhodes will move for no less than £5million.

We can't afford him but he's still never worth £5m. Not yet anyway. He's a very good player but nobody in League One commands that kind of fee. £3m tops I think... Way out of our range.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wonder what the biggest ever transfer fee for division 3 player is ???

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Wonder what the biggest ever transfer fee for division 3 player is ???

Oxlade Chamberlain? Was it £8million or something. Ridiculous price for someone who hadn't preven himself outside of league 1. Saying that he did look quality against united today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How many ridiculous threads can we have about Rhodes?! Seriously, you've got to forget about him. We have absolutely no chance whatsoever, we have not got the money to get him and he will have his sights set on a bigger move than us. Rhodes is much younger and better than CMS so will go for a lot more than the £2.5 million we paid for CMS.

The fact is he isn't a third division player, he is much much better but Roy Keane is a shit manager and wrongly sold him when he was at Ipswich. The Ipswich fans were pissed off at the time as he was so promising and Keane gave him away.

Vokes is far more realistic and I think he would be a good signing. Really rated him at Bournemouth and he should compliment CMS nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here