Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I really hope that is your personal spin on things. If he really is 'seething' rather than making profound apologies for the shit the albion served up in the first half, then to be honest he can 'seeth' all the way to his next appointment.

You are demanding "profound apologies" from the guy who has taken us from the arse end of L1 to a playoff challenge in the Championship in 2 seasons.

Dickhead. You are an utter DICKHEAD. We don't need people like you at the Amex, you're an embarrassment.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I was very surprised by the boo's on the half time whistle, I found the performance more comical than annoying. However I am a little surprised Gus didn't acknowledge how bad we were and instead has decided to tell people to stay away if they don't like the way we play. If we played as shite as that first half all the time I'm sure quite a few would take his advice.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No but Gus does![/

I guess booing the team is a way of putting over your opinion ...never thought it was that constructive myself

Again didn't say it was constructive but for some its was an opinion. Personally I didn't boo basically due to the fact I was in the loo at the time.

When I say Gus needs to man up. If, if, he has ambitions to manage a top club he'll have to deal with hell of a lot more criticism and be under more scrutiny than he'll ever be here. He does appear to offer threats, if you don't like I'll go home, if this team went up I'll go home. Even his interview regarding next season in the Argus he said the Chairman needs to answer some questions. Whether that was his command of the language I don't know but it came over as a somewhat aggressive response.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You are demanding "profound apologies" from the guy who has taken us from the arse end of L1 to a playoff challenge in the Championship in 2 seasons.

Dickhead. You are an utter DICKHEAD. We don't need people like you at the Amex, you're an embarrassment.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you so much

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was very surprised by the boo's on the half time whistle, I found the performance more comical than annoying. However I am a little surprised Gus didn't acknowledge how bad we were and instead has decided to tell people to stay away if they don't like the way we play. If we played as shite as that first half all the time I'm sure quite a few would take his advice.

Well we won't know how the interview went as far as other questions etc....but let's look at the last three home games....Bro..one all draw..very good match...reading ..team who r now promoted ..loss one nil..draw at least would have been a fair result..great entertainments..and thn tonight...team a little fragile aftr Saturdays hiding 2 down but com bak to draw 2 all...personally I would b talking about the comeback,,,but as some fekin clowns decided to boo and ignore what this team/club is doing the interview concentrates on tht! ...so to be honest if you arent prepared to put up with some bad halves/games then footballs not for u (thts not for u but meant for those twats who boo)

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't believe I said that he wasn't. I was purely making a caparison to Wilkins. If you watched him play you'd most probably agree.

Yes but if he has a good game why bring in a negative. All players have weaknesses and it is the manager's job to harness what he has got into a team which wins games. Wilkins, nicemidfield ball player but without a tackle. Buckley, well he has pace and a scoring touch from the wing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Gus is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. You have to take him warts an' all, he is an emotional man who takes criticism to heart. That may well mean that ultimately, he's not cut out for the pressures and scrutiny of top flight management.

However, he is also the man who has masterminded our resurrection from the arse end of L1 to the fringes of the Championship playoffs in a little over 2 years, and has attracted some frankly FANTASTIC talent to this club. This season has, for the most part, been a joy. The quality of entertainment on offer at the Amex week in, week out has been utterly superb this season.

Anyone who wants to abandon this project off the back of a less than barnstorming finish to the season can f*** the f*** off as far as I'm concerned. They don't DESERVE to be in that stadium watching that football if they're going to whine like little BITCHES when we dare to not win a game. Tosspots.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes but if he has a good game why bring in a negative. All players have weaknesses and it is the manager's job to harness what he has got into a team which wins games. Wilkins, nicemidfield ball player but without a tackle. Buckley, well he has pace and a scoring touch from the wing.

I think Buckley is wasted on the wing.

That guy has ALL the attributes of a centre forward. I've been saying it since Christmas, and some have been saying it since before.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. You have to take him warts an' all, he is an emotional man who takes criticism to heart. That may well mean that ultimately, he's not cut out for the pressures and scrutiny of top flight management.

However, he is also the man who has masterminded our resurrection from the arse end of L1 to the fringes of the Championship playoffs in a little over 2 years, and has attracted some frankly FANTASTIC talent to this club. This season has, for the most part, been a joy. The quality of entertainment on offer at the Amex week in, week out has been utterly superb this season.

Anyone who wants to abandon this project off the back of a less than barnstorming finish to the season can f*** the f*** off as far as I'm concerned. They don't DESERVE to be in that stadium watching that football if they're going to whine like little BITCHES when we dare to not win a game. Tosspots.

this this and this

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Perhaps just perhaps at times he could compete for the ball a bit better. As I see from another post this was your first evening game so I imagine you haven't seen all the games this season. Having myself seen all the home and many away for over 38 years I was only making a f**king observation, jesus. FWIW I used to like Wendy but hayho.

Oh by the way I like the way he ties his boots and he has shiny teeth, will that do!!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
this this and this

People were booing the first half performance and/or the ref and his assistants. What's that got to do with abandoning this project? Another example of anyone with anything negative to say about a specific subject get's the clubs recent history waved in front of them as if it somehow negates every criticism, valid or otherwise.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Totally disagree with booing the team, didnt like it all and knew it would provoke this reaction from Gus.

But I do also feel Gus needs to be a little more thick skinned about it. He reacted the same way last season when some, admittedly moronic, fans were questioning our passing style.

Last night happened because we have had such an amazing season and a lot of fans got hopes up that we would make the play offs. Unfortunately our form has disapeared in the last few weeks and we just had to witness an attrocious 135 minutes of football, conceding 8 goals, following some slightly eccentric team selections. Add to the mix another poor referee and I think you can understand the frustration of some fans. They just need to channel it a different way.

You will get a critical and vocal minority at every club though and Gus should be able to rise above it and praise the majority who support the team fantastically.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
His going to walk soon I feel it

Doubt it myself. But when the Gus bus eventually pulls out I won't be on it and I'm not sure I'd be hugely disappointed. Appreciate where he's got us but unless he becomes a bit more flexible, less arrogant, and be prepared to accept he's not perfect then I think I might prefer a change

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
to be fair, we were 4th, on set for the play offs and he decided to change it at burnley and play barnes alone up front in our most important game for years.

he f00ked it and blamed the ref and had a paddy.

reading was massive and we played well but toothless strikers meant no goals.

west ham was then massive, but he had already thrown in the towel - we got hammered. his excuse is that we need to spend more and get better players, but he did not say this after the reading game. he does like a flippant sulk sometimes.

we win or play well - "i tried to do this, we do this" when we lose "the players are not good enough."

then after 3 massive defeats that ruin our season, we are 0-2 down at HT playing like it is pre-season - some ppl boo, this i think is fair and to be expected, imagine if he was manager at newcastle or sunderland - there would have been protests.

dont get me wrong, i like gus, but he has his faults and errors, but never admits them.

some ppl went to burnley and west ham, and took a kid or two - spending hundreds - they are entitled to boo players when they are not doing what they are paid to do.

rich players and managers need to accept in football you get the plaudits when good, and the aggro when bad. same in any job.

too many ppl on here think gus is god, most half decent managers would have got us to the top 10 with £5m and the new stadium - but i like gus' contacts and style of play, and see us challenging next year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In today's Argus Gus says that we are there to support the team. Obviously if we count ourselves as supporters then the clue is in the name. But that sounds like a bit of a one-way relationship to me. Thoughts?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Is that what he said "stay away"?...didn't get home till after 11 and havn't heard no post match reaction....You forget who pay's your wages Mr Poyet.....Did anyone ask him why none of the four prem loan players played last night and only one was on the bench(who didn't come on)...Trying to prove a point, anyone think?....I sometimes think Poyet thinks this is his club and he is more than just a temporary employee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here