Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I was surprised at the atmosphere tonight especially in the WSU. Had to have a little pop at those behind me at one point.

Don't mind the booing, but when players are singled out with a f*** off you c***, I'm got no time for that.

Am I the only one who really enjoyed tonight's game ? Had a lovely chat with my next door neighbour Public School Boy as usual and had a piss next to Beachy.

What more could you ask for ?

I thought it was an exciting game and well worth the entrance. We were good going forward but unconvincing at the back and would need to improve there significantly playing away. However I guess that we would then play a more defensive midfield. With Calderon getting forward well he makes an extra attacker.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Gus angry at fans .... When I read that I think it's the manager that comes out bad. I know he is trying to manage expectations and protect the players. However I think managers should avoid those sort of confrontations they are steep slopes. I was there I thought they were aimed at the ref. however, if not we should try to understand not boo back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lol...u r nothing but consistent

I don't think its wise for a manager to criticize the fans so vehemently. All any fan wants is to follow a successful entertaining team at which any level it can achieve. To turn on the fans when they dare to show disapproval is extremely disrespectful to the people that enable the club to exist in its current guise.

I support Gus but still believe that having been a ST holder since the 70's I'm allowed an opinion, if it dares to vary from the great one, so be it. After all I wasn't the one who picked two games running two players in Dicker and Painter who were so obviously not fit enough to play, embarrassingly so in Dicker's case. I truly felt for him. Poyet has done him no favours.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think its wise for a manager to criticize the fans so vehemently. All any fan wants is to follow a successful entertaining team at which any level it can achieve. To turn on the fans when they dare to show disapproval is extremely disrespectful to the people that enable the club to exist in its current guise.

I support Gus but still believe that having been a ST holder since the 70's I'm allowed an opinion, if it dares to vary from the great one, so be it. After all I wasn't the one who picked two games running two players in Dicker and Painter who were so obviously not fit enough to play, embarrassingly so in Dicker's case. I truly felt for him. Poyet has done him no favours.

Never doubt your right to have an opinion :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We are not boxing though are we, the game is football. He was good tonight, a pity you do not recognise that.

Don't believe I said that he wasn't. I was purely making a caparison to Wilkins. If you watched him play you'd most probably agree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I am a massive fan of booing the team off after a particularly awful display. In fact, between 2005 and 2009 it seemed a bit strange to go to Withdean and not boo. But doing it at 2-0 down against Watford in the Championship in front of 19,000 at the best stadium in the south and with 45 minutes to go is actually mental. I can't quite believe anybody felt that angry with a team and manager that have vastly overperformed and given us our best season for 20 years.

Just thought I'd quote this to highlight when people say TCB never says anything positive most totally gloss over posts like this.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Gus angry at fans .... When I read that I think it's the manager that comes out bad. I know he is trying to manage expectations and protect the players. However I think managers should avoid those sort of confrontations they are steep slopes. I was there I thought they were aimed at the ref. however, if not we should try to understand not boo back.

protect the players??? he said this week he wanted to cull them and if he was in the premier league with this team he would go home? No wonder they shat themselves for 45 minutes.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
FWIW tonight was the first time in a long time I've been genuinely embarassed by fellow Brighton fans, and not a tiny minority, but a vast number. It wasn't like it was half a dozen booers, it seemed like about 25% of the ground was giving it out at half time, and anyone thinking it was aimed at the ref is deluding themselves, it was at the whistle, not as the ref walked in. The first half performance was poor but the booing is MORONIC. Where are we in the league? Is this season really such a horrendous disaster? I personally don't give a f*** if we lose the next two games, this season will still be a success in my mind given I thought we'd finish about 15th-16th. The sarcastic jeering from the North Stand every time Gonzalez came for a cross was awful, the abuse for Dicker (even though he was poor) bordered on the psychotic. For 20 minutes in the second half the place was bouncing and behind the team, and we stepped it up and pulled a goal back. It shows the effect the crowd can have on the team when we're loud and positive. Tonight, if you booed, if you jeered, if you gave stick, regardless of the 'I pay my money' line that will inevitably be trotted out as a pathetic self-righteous justification for your own cvntish behaviour, you're a f***ing embarassment to the club and yourself, and do us all a favour and don't bother coming back again, Gus is right, you're not wanted. Rant over.

100% this. Echo's my thoughts about some so called supporters tonight. Listening to the moron nearby in N1B who spent the game spitting venom at Painter, Dicker & Barnes was embarrassing.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
What I couldnt understand tonight was the icessant booing & jeering at barnes from a section of the East stand Family area. They were even at one point calling on the Ref to Send Barnes off.

While I admit it wasnt his best game however for me Painter & Dicker played far worse.

How any fan can wish their team was playing with a numerical disadvantage is beyond me ??? JCL's or not do we really need fans like this at the Amex?????

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Her was seething in post match press not happy at all. Mentioned something about you'd think the town had Real Madrid for the last 20 years.

Well I really hope that is your personal spin on things. If he really is 'seething' rather than making profound apologies for the shit the albion served up in the first half, then to be honest he can 'seeth' all the way to his next appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here