Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus angry with the fans????

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
FWIW tonight was the first time in a long time I've been genuinely embarassed by fellow Brighton fans, and not a tiny minority, but a vast number. It wasn't like it was half a dozen booers, it seemed like about 25% of the ground was giving it out at half time, and anyone thinking it was aimed at the ref is deluding themselves, it was at the whistle, not as the ref walked in. The first half performance was poor but the booing is MORONIC. Where are we in the league? Is this season really such a horrendous disaster? I personally don't give a f*** if we lose the next two games, this season will still be a success in my mind given I thought we'd finish about 15th-16th. The sarcastic jeering from the North Stand every time Gonzalez came for a cross was awful, the abuse for Dicker (even though he was poor) bordered on the psychotic. For 20 minutes in the second half the place was bouncing and behind the team, and we stepped it up and pulled a goal back. It shows the effect the crowd can have on the team when we're loud and positive. Tonight, if you booed, if you jeered, if you gave stick, regardless of the 'I pay my money' line that will inevitably be trotted out as a pathetic self-righteous justification for your own cvntish behaviour, you're a f***ing embarassment to the club and yourself, and do us all a favour and don't bother coming back again, Gus is right, you're not wanted. Rant over.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i didnt boo - but as a general rule dont mind boos - you pay your money you take you pick. 6 nil on sat and 2 nil down at half time with another dodgy team selection... this thread was more about selection and tactics than booing.

bit of this ..........watford have done well since christmas and are only a few points behind us now , we , on the other hand have gone in the opposite direction.........team last night was a bit odd. oh well, on to next season , not expecting much off brum ,and knowing the general flow of things we'll probably get done at barnsley as well............think poyet and bloom have gained some in-valuable experience this season in regards to what exactly is required to have a sustained campaign in this league........ie bigger,stronger,better players........at least 5

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
The booing is embarrassing. But then, given the number of PATHETIC threads started tonight by new NSC members, it's a reminder that amongst the die-hard fans of the last decade etc, there are a fair few glory-hunting nobs. Frankly, I'd prefer it if they pi$$ed off and supported Chelsea or Man U again, like they probably were 3 or 4 years ago.

:angry:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
FWIW tonight was the first time in a long time I've been genuinely embarassed by fellow Brighton fans, and not a tiny minority, but a vast number. It wasn't like it was half a dozen booers, it seemed like about 25% of the ground was giving it out at half time, and anyone thinking it was aimed at the ref is deluding themselves, it was at the whistle, not as the ref walked in. The first half performance was poor but the booing is MORONIC. Where are we in the league? Is this season really such a horrendous disaster? I personally don't give a f*** if we lose the next two games, this season will still be a success in my mind given I thought we'd finish about 15th-16th. The sarcastic jeering from the North Stand every time Gonzalez came for a cross was awful, the abuse for Dicker (even though he was poor) bordered on the psychotic. For 20 minutes in the second half the place was bouncing and behind the team, and we stepped it up and pulled a goal back. It shows the effect the crowd can have on the team when we're loud and positive. Tonight, if you booed, if you jeered, if you gave stick, regardless of the 'I pay my money' line that will inevitably be trotted out as a pathetic self-righteous justification for your own cvntish behaviour, you're a f***ing embarassment to the club and yourself, and do us all a favour and don't bother coming back again, Gus is right, you're not wanted. Rant over.

:yawn:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I wouldn't, because then we'd have a half-empty Amex. I encourage all JCLs and embrace their support. My reward for turning up for the last ten years is simply that The Amex means the world to me and, presumably, not an awful lot to them.

Well I suppose if all the football they've seen for the last few years has been highlights of the PL, then the Amex's bog-standard innit and Old Trafford's well bigger.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's the little faggot group in the right hand corner of the NS.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There isn't a team anywhere in the world that doesn't come in for criticism from its fans at some point. Harry Redknapp had a go at Tottenham supporters in similar terms at the end of last season when they criticised him for missing out on the Champions League as if it was something they were suddenly entitled to. It's a natural knee-jerk reaction - although I'm not saying it's justified - for fans to vent their frustration when things don't go well, and in fairness, I thought most of it was directed at the ref, and they got behind the team in the second half.

Personally I can't imagine why anyone would boo unless there's a lack of effort (it doesn't exactly motivate the players to improve, does it?). But I'm slightly uncomfortable with the notion that paying customers mustn't express disapproval with tactics, team and individual performances or team selection for fear of annoying the manager.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"The booing is not acceptable, I would like to tell them not to come if they don't like it, if they don't like the way we play, stay at home.
"There's something wrong in this football club, maybe it's time we told them what they can expect. I don't know the last time Brighton were in the top 10 of the Championship.
"There were too many things wrong tonight, too many on the pitch and off the pitch. But it's the first time I've seen a reaction like that from the stands.
"Maybe I should say it was a minority but I didn't like it. They are being unfair on an unbelievable group of players who have brought joy to this football club."

I don't know if this was posted earlier....but this is from bbc website..just for clarification purposes ..he did point out minority

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

well said, i am N1A, and no jeering/booing of gonzales there, (maybe some sarcastic applauding when he caught the ball), but generally people were trying to get behind the team.

would echo the sentiments above.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
"The booing is not acceptable, I would like to tell them not to come if they don't like it, if they don't like the way we play, stay at home.
"There's something wrong in this football club, maybe it's time we told them what they can expect. I don't know the last time Brighton were in the top 10 of the Championship.
"There were too many things wrong tonight, too many on the pitch and off the pitch. But it's the first time I've seen a reaction like that from the stands.
"Maybe I should say it was a minority but I didn't like it. They are being unfair on an unbelievable group of players who have brought joy to this football club."

I don't know if this was posted earlier....but this is from bbc website..just for clarification purposes ..he did point out minority

Perhaps he's feeling some of the anger we have felt with some of his decisions/tactics recently. What goes around comes around, he needs to grow up frankly.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was surprised at the atmosphere tonight especially in the WSU. Had to have a little pop at those behind me at one point.

Don't mind the booing, but when players are singled out with a f*** off you c***, I'm got no time for that.

Am I the only one who really enjoyed tonight's game ? Had a lovely chat with my next door neighbour Public School Boy as usual and had a piss next to Beachy.

What more could you ask for ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
"I don't know the last time Brighton were in the top 10 of the Championship."

It was in 1991 - and that team, which reached the play-off final, came in for plenty of criticism at times, Codner and Wilkins in particular. You'll never please everyone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was in 1991 - and that team, which reached the play-off final, came in for plenty of criticism at times, Codner and Wilkins in particular. You'll never please everyone.

Buckley is just a Wilkins re-incarnation, shows brilliance but for a biggish man could fight his way out of a soggy paper bag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here