Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems to me both sides are being a bit extreme.

He has been sent off, needlessly, twice for us. His ill-discipline has led to him being unavailable for 9 matches this season due to suspension (first 2 games from swindon red card, three from the red card on his debut which cost us points, and four from today's red card). How can anyone say that is class? How can he be held up as a shining example of greatness with a record like that? As for his contribution to the team, in most matches I've seen him in he is always searching for that killer pass and has cost us a lot of possession, and wasted opportunity.

Conversely, being sent off twice in one season is hardly the crime of the century. Yes it was silly, and he should know better, I'm sure gus will make sure he knows it is unacceptable, he has contributed composure and experience, and on the occasions he reigns in his long balls he actually can run the game.

Getting sent off was a bad thing, but lets not crucify him.
Yes, he's been a good player in a great season, but that doesn't absolve him from responsibility for his rash actions.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
goodpost.gif

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Couldn't see it from W block, right down far end, but all I could make out was a bit of handbags. Greer has been superlative this season, so give the lad a break. Gus will talk to him, calm him down. End of.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was angry all afternoon. He gave El-Abd an earful in the second half and *almost* got in his face.

A rush of blood. Regretted it immediately. Hardly worth crucifying the chap over.

Sep 1, 2010
Christ, quite a lot of over reactionary shit being said here. It is a sending off, a silly one yes but everyone of you have done things you should not of done over the years stop being a load of hand baggers.

zigzag

Mar 22, 2011
Lewes
Can't make link work, this clip shows what happened.
YouTube:Brighton and Hove Albion v Sheff Wed-Greer sent off.
could someone make link? Thanks

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just seems a waste to me. 2-0 up with 8 mins to go.

Why does the team (inc greer) all pile forward to get a 3rd?:nono:

Why does greer choose to get involved with argy bargy and flail the elbows etc?:nono:

Why?

Anyway, we have Elf and Dunk, and at this stage it is largely irrelevant, other than Gordon will miss out on a lot of good stuff, which will hopefully temper that celtic temprement:tantrum:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
To be fair he probably thought.... Stuff it we're up now. The disappointing thing is the other guy was fine. If you're going to get a straight red make it worth while.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He was angry all afternoon. He gave El-Abd an earful in the second half and *almost* got in his face.

A rush of blood. Regretted it immediately. Hardly worth crucifying the chap over.

That argument was going on for most the half, Poyet appeared to let them get on with it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As for his contribution to the team, in most matches I've seen him in he is always searching for that killer pass and has cost us a lot of possession, and wasted opportunity.

I have to take issue with this.

Some of Greer's distribution is first class and passes that Elphick can't even do in his dreams.

I'm with the meths comment earlier.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have to take issue with this.

Some of Greer's distribution is first class and passes that Elphick can't even do in his dreams.

I'm with the meths comment earlier.

Some of his distribution is good, I'm not saying it isn't. But too often he goes for a long ball, and while generally his distribution is good, he does have a habit of going for the long ball a lot when it isn't on. He has curtailed this the last couple of games I've seen, and his performances in those games has been better. I'm not saying he is crap, just that his contribution to the team isn't flawless or so fantastic as to mean we should ignore his rashness today, as some people seem to be suggesting. (I also said that he has contributed a lot, and that while he should be held accountable for his actions he shouldn't be crucified - both sides are going to extremes)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
looked like a massive case of NOTHING to me......with the foul count 3-16 in favour of the Albion , a straight red was utter gash ........more referee BIG NOTING ....!!!!

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Sorry, have to disagree. It is clear from the clip that the red card was justified. He didn't even seem to be particularly provoked - just lashed out with the elbow. Maybe his wife told him to get some time off to do the decorating?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
On the plus side, when Elphick comes in for el Abd it is somewhat disruptive because Greer has to effectively switch sides. This doesn't apply with Elphick covering for Greer so should have less of a negative impact. Looking forward to seeing Dunk get some time on the pitch too. From the very little I have seen he looks a potential talent.

I agree completely, and what we are saying is it's OK if El Abd plays, I don't think he would have been roughed up by Chris O'Grady at Rochdale as Greer and Elphick were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here