Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rather he did it this week than last week.

We'll miss him but Tommy will step up and Dunk will slot onto the bench. We'll be promoted on Tuesday night and we'll be fine.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think he has been quality but he was a total pratt. Absolutely no need to react, he seemed to be getting angry as the game the game went on. Was arguing with El-Abd about who should pick up who and then with Gus and then that. Shame because we were so much in control it was embarrassing

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Dont know if it affected his state of mind but he had been arguing with EL Abd for a while before the incident. Even when we scored they were still going at it ........cant have helped....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did ANYONE actually see it?
I had no clue what was going on and no one else seemed to either. But there wasn't much complaint on the pitch.
Shame because he was immense today, but it's another chance for Elphick and Dunk.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did ANYONE actually see it?
I had no clue what was going on and no one else seemed to either. But there wasn't much complaint on the pitch.
Shame because he was immense today, but it's another chance for Elphick and Dunk.

I think (and the bloke behind me thought the same) it was an elbow into one of their blokes faces. Ref didn't see it so whether the lino did or the 4th official I'm not sure. Nothing major but still a no no. The way he didn't argue would suggest he knew he cocked up

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think (and the bloke behind me thought the same) it was an elbow into one of their blokes faces. Ref didn't see it so whether the lino did or the 4th official I'm not sure. Nothing major but still a no no. The way he didn't argue would suggest he knew he cocked up

I think the problem was the ref was looking straight at Greer when he did it. You could see he was going to walk because Gus already had Elphick stripped and ready before the card even came out.

We'll be investing in a new CB in the summer whatever I reckon.

On a plus note, WHAT a performance from the Champions-elect. Top class from the 1st minute! Personally though Bridcutt was exceptional.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He has a history of this sort of thing at other clubs, hope he dosen't turn into more of a liability and I think he will be grilled by Gus as well.

Before this season he'd been sent off once. What are you talking about?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He has a history of this sort of thing at other clubs
Er...no he doesn't.

His only red card prior to this season was for a foul while playing for Swindon (think it was in the play offs, or right at the end anyway, off the top of my head).

That hardly makes him Joey Barton. Shame, as I think he's played particularly well recently, and he'll miss the fun part after all the hard work.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't think he'll be skipper next year.

Why, because of today? He is a leader which is why Gus brought him in. unless we get another one there we will be nobody to take over and its hardly been a bad season has it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I completely agree, it was a moment of madness, but he and el-abd have saved us so many points this season. Yes, it's unprofessional but no need to go over the top

Hmmm ... I reckon Elphick, albeit less experienced is every bit as good, and certainly more level headed. He's far from convincing in my book

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Hmmm ... I reckon Elphick, albeit less experienced is every bit as good, and certainly more level headed. He's far from convincing in my book

Really? The only part I agree with you is that Elphick is less experienced.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Dont know if it affected his state of mind but he had been arguing with EL Abd for a while before the incident. Even when we scored they were still going at it ........cant have helped....

He was going at it a bit in the 2nd half at Rochdale too; with Ankergren.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

Right now Elphick is great -As a deputy- but our captain, who appears to be somewhat unsung, has played a huge role in our division winning record breaking season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here