Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
11 players in a team ... just cos he's Captain in our best season for yonks doesn't mean he's our best player and this sort of thing is excusable .... what would you say if he was Huddersfield's captain?

I'd say - good luck in the play - offs!?!?!? He's our Captain and he has cemented our 'tight as a nun's crutch' defense, I didn't notice Elf and Abd completely cement that without him last season. Get on the Gus bus - Greer was the key signing to make this wonderful season possible - read the script!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't quite put my finger on what Greer does better than Elphick, just that I know he does. He has without a shadow of a doubt brought something to this team. I think perhaps the case of having a definite leader on the pitch, although I accept his actions today didn't display tremendous leadership skills. It's a real shame, as he's been our best defender for the last month or so. He also has more of a footballing brain than Elphick, and his distribution is considerably better. Elphick hasn't let us down this season, to be fair, but I definitely prefer Greer.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
he must be feeling pretty bad right now. i do not condone what ever it was he did but it must of been a reaction to something they usually are. but his end of season is now almost in ruins as he will not hold the trophy above his head when in fairness to him he should do, feel sick for him but thats football!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I dont think the reaction on here is OTT in the slightest. All people are saying is yes, he's been a great player for us this season but he is an idiot for what he did today and he'll be the first to admit that

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Jesus, there is some over reaction going on here tonight. Greer is guilty of a moment of stupidity, that is all. I don't remember too many on here calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy before today. I am sure Gus will deal with him as he sees fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jesus, there is some over reaction going on here tonight. Greer is guilty of a moment of stupidity, that is all. I don't remember too many on here calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy before today. I am sure Gus will deal with him as he sees fit.

I don't see anyone asking for him to be stripped of the captaincy but I do expect Calderon to be skipper again whilst he serves his 4 match ban. He has been stupid and will pay the price for that stupidity. He will probably miss out on holding the trophy.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
No-one will be more gutted than he will about a moment of madness, it doesnt take away from the fact he has been class all season and was the leader on the pitch we have been crying out for since the days of Cullip. I hope he gets to lift the trophy as captain at Notts County.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
bottom line......he's been superb ALL season and we are solid with him. FACT, mistake today...move on.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Greer had a moment of madness today (didn't see it mind) but to crucify him on here is totally OTT. He is a playmaker from the back from Caspers throw outs. I think we will really miss him as he has great passing ability. Personally I believe he has helped Adam EA become 100 times the player he was last year. Give the guy a break, not condoning what he did but has been fantastic this year, just ask Swindon fans if they have missed him!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What I don't understand is the timing of it.Yes football is a contact sport & confrontations do happen,But it was the last minute of the game we were 2.0 up & cruising.It's not as if we were defending for our lives to hold on for a win.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why you`re centre half needs to come up for corners when you are 2-0 up with 5 minutes to play is beyond me anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the plus side, when Elphick comes in for el Abd it is somewhat disruptive because Greer has to effectively switch sides. This doesn't apply with Elphick covering for Greer so should have less of a negative impact. Looking forward to seeing Dunk get some time on the pitch too. From the very little I have seen he looks a potential talent.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What I don't understand is the timing of it.Yes football is a contact sport & confrontations do happen,But it was the last minute of the game we were 2.0 up & cruising.It's not as if we were defending for our lives to hold on for a win.
Dead right,if he kept his cool for another minute or so we would not be having this debate,good player and skipper though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here