Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest Acting Performances Of All Time

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Glengarry Glenn Ross has superb performances.

Alec Baldwin is great
Pacino superb
But Jack Lemmon is fantastic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gareth, you're forgetting your fave film:

"Soccer" as "Soccerdog" in the film SOCCERDOG.

214688.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Glengarry Glenn Ross has superb performances.

Alec Baldwin is great
Pacino superb
But Jack Lemmon is fantastic.

Thats a damn good call, the best ensmble cast of all time and one of my favourite films. Baldwin's sales manager team bonding talk was inspirational

" prizes for this months sales campaign, 1st Cadillac Car, 2nd a set of steak knives, everyone else the sack ".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gareth, you're forgetting your fave film:

"Soccer" as "Soccerdog" in the film SOCCERDOG.

214688.jpg

Not a patch on Lassie 2005 which is infact a superlative piece of film making, watch it. I am being serious.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Alfred Hitchcock as himself, in everything. DEEPLY MOVING

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thats a damn good call, the best ensmble cast of all time and one of my favourite films. Baldwin's sales manager team bonding talk was inspirational

" prizes for this months sales campaign, 1st Cadillac Car, 2nd a set of steak knives, everyone else the sack ".

"ABC Always Be Closing"

"Get the f*** away from my coffee machine! Coffee is for closers, Now sit the f*** down"

Bloody Brilliant

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Here it is Nibble, just for you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blake: Your name is "you're wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' faggots?

Shelley Levene: What the hell are you? You're a fuckin' secretary. f*** you. That's my message to ya: f*** you and you can kiss my ass and if you don't like it baby I'm going across the street to Jerry Graff, period, f*** you.

Blake: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.

Ricky Roma: They say that it was so hot in the city today, grown men were walking up to cops on street corners begging them to shoot.

Williamson: Will you go to lunch? Go to lunch. WILL you GO to LUNCH?

Blake: What's the problem, pal?
Dave Moss: You -
[correcting him]
Dave Moss: Moss. You're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you're coming down here wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?
Blake: You see this watch? You see this watch?
Dave Moss: Yeah.
Blake: That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? f*** you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Blake: You got leads. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can't close the leads you're given, you can't close shit, *you are* shit, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going *out*.
Shelley Levene: The leads are weak.
Blake: "The leads are weak." The f***ing leads are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years...
Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: f*** you. That's my name.
[Moss laughs]
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name.

Dave Moss: We don't gotta sit here and listen to this.
Blake: You CERTAINLY don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're fired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here