Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If ever they introduce "goal music" I will personally lead the booing in response to it!!

(I'm against "goal music" if you hadn't get, interferes with the pure music of the crowds response to the goal)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
161 responses so far then, probably from at least 100 posters, and only two in favour of goal music (and one troll).

I think it's fairly conclusive :thumbsup: The two in favour can take their giant foam hands and clackers and go and watch MK Dons.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Am I too late to sign?:wave:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
161 responses so far then, probably from at least 100 posters, and only two in favour of goal music (and one troll).

I think it's fairly conclusive :thumbsup: The two in favour can take their giant foam hands and clackers and go and watch MK Dons.

I'm not allowed my opinion then? No?

That's fine then, I'll go watch Eastbourne Borough.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Signed. As we are moving forward into a brand new stadium though, it would be nice to leave behind the monstrosity of a song that GOSBTS is. Sure its the so called "sussex anthem" but its not my cup of tea to be honest.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Signed. As we are moving forward into a brand new stadium though, it would be nice to leave behind the monstrosity of a song that GOSBTS is. Sure its the so called "sussex anthem" but its not my cup of tea to be honest.

:facepalm: 20 more pages

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Reading the thread about things that have been lost from the game, I was thinking that for many clubs, that sheer moment of joy when your team scores a much needed goal has been completely ruined by the playing of stupid music every time the ball hits the net.

Take yesterday's Burnley-Preston game. Burnley were 3-1 down with about ten minutes left, and went on to win 4-3 in injury time. You score a 93rd minute winner against local rivals, having been losing soundly only minutes earlier, yet that magnificent, schadenfreude-laden moment of utter JOY and madness is cut short within seconds by the tedious tones of Tom Hark echoing from the PA system. The shouting, screaming and cheering is instantly drowned out and reduced to a lame-assed "der der der der/der der der der", which then fades into nothing rapidly. The moment is wasted.

Imagine that Swindon play off game, that glorious Virgo moment which seemed to go on forever, cut short after half a second because some BUMHAT in the PA box thought that what the situation really required was a quick rendition of Pigbag at 130 decibels over our tinny speakers.

I don't want some crappy failed DJ telling me when or how long I should be cheering for after a goal. I don't want an annoying, generic, used-by-thirty-other-clubs turd of a song sucking the life out of our celebrations.

The Albion are one of the few clubs that don't play music after goals at the moment. I'd like to think it's because they respect us as fans and agree that it's frankly shit, but I suspect it's probably down to the Withdean noise regulations, and that it will inevitably creep in once we move to Falmer, along with various other needless, American style, so-called customer enhancements.

So I'm rather hoping that a few people on here will agree with me, and we can stop this menace before it ever gets the chance to spoil the experience at our new stadium.

:amex:Join me: ban goal music from Falmer, now! :amex:

Agree 100%, I'm in :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just KNOW they'll have goal music. Nothing's surer. Same as we were sure we'd never have Gully or Gully's Girls. Its the next crap and logical step. Oh well.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Can't bloody stand goal music - too septic, too plastic (it's almost as if clubs think they need to provide a cue for the crowd to cheer "ooh, that music is playing, so we can celebrate now then").

Most definitely signed!

It's great that Falmer will have many modern luxuries to make up for all the homeless years, but IMHO there are certain traditions that MUST be preserved.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
NO f***ing GOAL MUSIC

SIGNED.....IN CAPITALS!

Let us cheer & celebrate the way we want.

:rave:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Spot on, Edna.

It's bad enough for any club to inflict ghastly goal music on their supporters (have any club's fans, anywhere, ever actually asked for it?). But when the chosen abomination is the appalling Tom Hark, the horror becomes almost surreal. Besides being the absolute pits musically, that feeble fanfare is totally wrong - embarrassing and pathetic. But the fact of its adoption by the likes of proper clubs, like Sheffield United and IpswichTown, is a crime against humanity.

The sight of football fans up and down the country being turned, club by club, into a mass of chanting, clapping robots is almost chilling in its Stepford Wives horror. You want to slap their faces and tell them to wake up.

Worst of all, don't they realise that they are being robbed - by their own club, no less - of what should be every fan's birthright? Of joining with their fellow fans in spontaneous mass goal celebrations that are all their own.

Goal music at Falmer? Never. Ever.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I cant say that i'm exactly in favour of goal music but then again the only time i've ever heard it is when the opposition have scored so I was allready pissed off with out them rubbing it in by playing music. I guess the only way I could have a proper balanced view is to hear goal music while i'm celebrating a goal just to see it from both sides.

Exactly what i was going to say,i think this is the reason everyone hates it.To be honest i could't give a toss as long as we score goals.:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here