Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You still play GOSBTS when the teams come out? Is it needed?

Yes because its probably unique. Very few clubs has a traditional "song" many have just attached themselves to a 60's / 70's / 80's hit song that is about as unique as Sussex CCC trophy.

The players run out to our anthem and will continue to do so.

And NO, NO, NO, NO to goal music

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Generally I would say NO.

But if it was YMCA after each goal then YES!

:safeway

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and on NUMEROUS times in the past I would have loved the "circus clowns theme tune" to be played after yet another calamatous goal conceded at Withers.

Or even Rochdales equaliser at home this season. Der der diddle um der der der derder!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh and on NUMEROUS times in the past I would have loved the "circus clowns theme tune" to be played after yet another calamatous goal conceded at Withers.

Or even Rochdales equaliser at home this season. Der der diddle um der der der derder!
That would actually be quality. Especially if none the goals prior to that had any music accompanyment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That would actually be quality. Especially if none the goals prior to that had any music accompanyment.

Indeed tho I fear that certainly over the last two and half season with our comedyfending it would have been heard quite a bit.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Signed ..... only a plastic fan would try and defend music for goals surely?

There cannot be a 'proper' footy fan on the planet that thinks music after goals actually enhances the experience?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Signed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In case there are any waverers still out there, THIS is the sort of PA box wrongdoing that should be STAMPED out.

[yt]GG4dnEpDAP8[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
AWFUL. Norwich use that don't they?

Yarp. According to Wikipedia anyway, so it MUST be correct :lolol:

Also suggests that Chelsea Dagger is used by Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, MK Dons, Rotherham United, Preston, Bristol City, Plymouth Argyle, Mansfield Town, Northampton Town, Coventry City, Brechin City AND Middlesbrough. Jeez, at least if you insist on the music, be original about it :rolleyes:

I hear a rumour that Bolton have finally stopped playing I Got You (James Brown) when they score, so fair play to them :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here