Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I just can't for the life of me think why clubs do this. Do any fans like it? Complete and utter knob cheese.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not allowed my opinion then? No?

That's fine then, I'll go watch Eastbourne Borough.
Don't be such a drama queen, of course you're entitled to your opinion (you weren't the troll). All Edna's saying is that, fortunately, you're in a tiny minority.

Wouldn't mind goal music to be honest. Would get the crowd pumped up a bit more.
HOW will it get the crowd more pumped up? If you can't get excited when Albion score then you're following the wrong sport and/or the wrong team. Indeed if you've read the replies on here it will have the exact opposite effect - it will actually piss most of the crowd off!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wish to wholeheartedly affiliate myself with this worthy campaign.

Duley signed.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Ditto - no sodding music after the goals - what was in addition so brilliant about lualua`s goal saturday was the incredulous hysteria-like noise from us lot for the best part of a minute after he scored, to drown that out would spoil one of the main reasons why we all go.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Signed.

The only time I have ever enjoyed an after-goal song is at Chester away in 2000 when we were 7-0 up and they scored, prompting Blur's "Song 2" to blare out around the ground. It was very funny.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Some kind of 'committee' is going to be set up to discuss the 'atmosphere' at Falmer and I am presuming that the current PA team will be part of that. I will certainly make sure that people on here know the main points from the discussions. We ALL have a right to a say in this process, and in my opinion NSC today is as valid as a Concorde meeting was in the old days to put our views across - we were certainly listened to then.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Absolutely agree 100%.

Another one of those ridiculous habits which has crept in from the US. I think the ice-hockey teams in the NHL really kicked this pathetic idea off.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
What about the family section and the kids? These kids are the future of BHA so i'm happy with goal music.I'm sure the disabled section will enjoy goal music aswell.
Football is changing so move with the times.
Do you honestly expect loud celebrations at Falmer? No that died along with terracing so lets not live in the past.

Patronising git!!!

Why should the "disabled section" enjoy this any more than other supporters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I asked someone at Birmingham City why they did it and he was adamant that it does improve the atmosphere. However, they don't seem to have done much market research before starting to use post goal music or, indeed, since although they think most fans like it.

Fans I have spoken to (all 10 or 12 of them) are split roughly evenly between agreeing, disagreeing, and not giving a shit.

I really don't care either way as long as it is what most people want but tend to agree with Edna that it can take over the fans' enjoyment and we could do without it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Signed on to block any tannoyed music after goals.

Less bothered by fan-generated music with trumpets, drums etc. Ive been to games with this and its great fun especially if you're standing with the celebrating band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here