Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal music: a campaign to make sure we never have it at the Amex

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Comedians use warm up acts. Bands use warm up acts. Would there be a better atmosphere at Withdean if there was some kind of warm-up act to get the crowd going?

A North stand v South stand penalty shoot out perhaps? An Albion v Oppo fans crossbar challenge? Etc? If every was pumped before the team came out - would that help the atmosphere?

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Count me in, this sort of activity should be restricted to the likes of MK Dons only.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hereby wholly endorse the motion of banning GOAL MUZAK from the American Express Community Stadium.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Unless its something entirely random like "Ride of the Valkyrie" or "Babylon's burning" by the ruts...*

Count me in.

*Or YMCA obviously

richmond

May 30, 2008
I've signed up for no music.

The music idea was probably dreamed up by a marketing cretin who never goes to football but in some brainstorming meeting thought it would be just what fans wanted. Not only does the music drown out the fans goal celebrations the volume is deafening.

Has someone ever asked fans if they want this? Hopefully this poll will be sent to the club to get is stopped before it is inflicted upon us at the Amex Stadium.

Phew, I feel better for that!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:mexican:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
We've been using Pigbag since the late 90s. ... even sing it away from home. Was it needed? No. Does it curtail our celebrations? No. Does it bother me? No. Is it needed when the teams come out? No but it still happens. You still play GOSBTS when the teams come out? Is it needed?

It's a difficult one for you because there are thousands that go to Chelsea, Arsenal & so on rather than Falmer and are probably accustomed to this sort of thing. They will try Falmer but if they feel it's missing the 'atmosphere' they're used to, they may not return. You may say 'So what?' but you need people turning up in numbers?

If you don't want it, you've got to start singing yourselves ... sitting down of course!

What a load of bollocks. Music after goals is one of the worst things in football today. My QPR-supporting friends are all season ticket holders at the Loft and they all think the post-goal music is terrible.

Go on then ... tell me which part of that is bollocks?

You don't think there's the best part of a generation who may have supported Brighton were you playing at a decent ground in Sussex instead of following Premier League teams?

You don't think they're accustomed to the "giant SkySports theatre of artificial footballing experiences"? (Edna's words, not mine).

You think that if they don't like the Falmer experience compared to Arsenal or Chelsea, particularly if you're struggling, they'll still come back?

You think you don't need people turning up in numbers? I'm sure your first game will sell-out. I'm sure the first few probably will but what if you struggle in your new ground like Southampton?

I'm not saying you need goal music - as I said, it doesn't bother me. What I am saying is you need to create the atmosphere yourselves, something you don't currently do at home. Yes I know the ground is shit and there are issues with the stewards but if you don't create the atmosphere at Falmer, some marketing wag might think goal music is (part of) the panacea.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
And me! Hate it!! Sussex Hoops only ever went along to one Chelsea game as was offerd a ticket. Chelsea v Stoke last year at the bridge. Don't recall any goal music when they scored?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here